iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

Hi there, this seems like excellent work, thanks!

I have a (newbie) question: if Apple releases updates to iTunes, how do I install them? Would I need the new version of your installer?

Thanks!

You will need a new version of my installers every time Apple releases a new iTunes version. I try to build them as soon as they are available.

Link is not working as from that custom installers page.

any mirror ?

Files are still there just the links are wrong. Remove "vistapacks/" from the link and your download will begin.

All links are working again. The path changed with my new account details.

Thanks to sp00f and MUIZ.

iTunes Switchless 8.0.1.11 uploaded.

Post updated.

Is it possible for you to modify the installer to work on Windows XP x64. Usually I take your builds, extract the contents, edit the msi file with Orca so that it doesn't give me the "must install on Vista x64" error message, and run it but it doesn't seem to be working on this latest version. The installer runs, but then fails with no explanation.

@dark79:

I don't have WinXP x64 resources at hand to try.

You can try to log the installation you modified to see if there is something going on that can be modified or tweaked.

I will take a thorough look at the Vista x64 msi to see if i can do something but there is no guarantee.

When I used the switches to create the install log, the installation was successful. So I guess I don't need a modified build. I'll just continue what I normally do. Thanks for the help either way!

@dark79:

I don't have WinXP x64 resources at hand to try.

You can try to log the installation you modified to see if there is something going on that can be modified or tweaked.

I will take a thorough look at the Vista x64 msi to see if i can do something but there is no guarantee.

hey, i downloaded your iTunes Switchless 8.0.1.11 English.exe and installed it along with your quicktime itunes compability patch. upon trying to run itunes it gives me

QuickTime version 7.5 installed, iTunes requires QuickTime 7.5.5 or later.

Please reinstall iTunes.

i then tried to reinstall quicktime alternative v2.70. didn't work. then i reinstalled your compability patch. still the same error. then i installed shark's vcp thing. again the above error. i take it itunes v80111 needs a new compability patch, too?

Edited by posix

@posix:

I tested x86 installers with QuickTime Alternative and QTA iTunes Add-on. They are working fine.

Try to uninstall QTA and QTA Add-on. Then uninstall iTunes. Reboot and install them in this order. It should work.