iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

Hi elajua, thanks for doing this. I will test iTunes. Do you already know that with the 'new' SFX msistub not needed is anymore? Check my post here.

Edit: I have the ipodservice add startup (don't have an Ipod at all), other things works well.

Edit2: ohh no remember I the two standard windows I got when I started iTunes first time. One about the license agreement and one about the stopped bonjour service. Now I've to click on agree and OK manually, maybe you can automate this?

Edited by Inferi0r

Hi elajua, thanks for doing this. I will test iTunes. Do you already know that with the 'new' SFX msistub not needed is anymore? Check my post here.

Edit: I have the ipodservice add startup (don't have an Ipod at all), other things works well.

Edit2: ohh no remember I the two standard windows I got when I started iTunes first time. One about the license agreement and one about the stopped bonjour service. Now I've to click on agree and OK manually, maybe you can automate this?

I tested both English (i use this release in my personal copmputer) and Multilanguage x86 builds and the iPod service is not starting up with Windows.

Can you tell me which build did you installed?

The first time run windows you got are defaulted by iTunes. I prefer that they stay that way instead getting rid of them.

Tunes Switchless 7.7.1.11 Multilanguage on XP Pro SP2 x86. I'll do another reinstall if no others have my problem.
Today i built 3 computers with Vista x86 and the iPod service is not starting automatically. Maybe you had iTunes installed before.

Thanks for the msistub information.

Hi ,

is it possible to make the 7.7 installer without quicktime ?

thanks.

EDIT by Shark007

As previously communicated in PM's, I have the file on my server, I just need to get it past the firewall

sorry you werent #1 on my list of things to do, resolve pending ... via PM.

END EDIT

Edited by Shark007

is it possible to make the 7.7 installer without quicktime ?

OK ... go to my MSFN repository (URL is in my signature).

I have added new LINKS to the iTunes section for the previously released x86 version.

Thank you for your patience.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Any chance iTunes 8 will get the shark treatment? ;)
Hmm, Apple put new iPods out and it seems there's now a version 8 of iTunes. Time to update those QT-free versions? ;)

EDIT: Ha, I didn't see RHPT's post.

I will modify the installers this weekend when i get home. This post will be updated as soon as i finish building them.