problem with Windows Firewall

anonymous_user

I just found that my Windows Firewall was not working. When I try to start the Windows Firewall or Policyagent services, I get a message about a dependency. And when I try to start the Base Filtering Engine, I get this message:

2eodt1c.png

BTW why is the description for Policyagent missing anyways?

http://i38.tinypic.com/15eu6tf.jpg

Last_Session.ini

I just found the exact same problem, not sure what component we shouldn't have removed (perhaps IPSec Policy Agent, explaining your missing description), but the file causing the problem is Windows\System32\en-US\polstore.dll.mui

I just restored that file from my original install.wim and now the Base Filtering Engine and Firewall are running as they should.

Edited by malibu

Hey guys just noticed this happened to me AFTER doing a fresh install and after a few reboots for software instalation that after doing a windows update with all (24) post SP1 updates that the firewall was stopped and when I tried restarting it it came up with the same error as in the first post.

Have just copied the polstore.dll.mui file and am about to reboot to test. will report back in a sec.

I got the same problem after a microsfot update, and i also have problems with live messenger, for some reason the update mess up my vista lite, I have the same problem on 2 computers.

I hope somenone can solve the problem or at least let us know which update mess things up to block it.