Won't boot!

dr_koveras

So I made my first nLite XP installation/boot disk. It was working great! I installed XP, installed a bunch of updates from Microsoft and the software that I wanted to reinstall.

Then I made a change in the user accounts folder. It was set already to "Use the Welcome Screen" (which it wasn't doing btw), but since it wasn't working, I clicked it off and then back on again. Also, I changed my password to the same password. I didn't even really change anything though, so I'm not sure if that is what did it. So after that, I had to restart my computer for a bunch of different programs. When it got to the black XP Pro loading screen with the little loading bar, after it was done with that (when it was going to the choose account screen I guess), I get a variation of the blue screen of death, and it shuts down my computer.

Any help!?

Erm ... Hm, perhaps:

-copy blue screen error code (for you to search and for us to see)

-boot into safe mode (to diagnose and DISABLE user switching)

**while there, perhaps get us a copy of your lastsession.inf so we can glance at it

If all else fails ... Are you able/ willing to make another nLited disk? This time, I suggest you to TEST the OS in a virtual machine (like VirtualBox or VMware).

Remember to post back ;) .

Edited by Happy-Dude

So I was able to recover my computer file system by doing a recovery windows installation which overwrote my previous one. I now am running the installation that screwed it up on VirtualBox. I can't seeem to get it to mess up by doing what I thought caused the problem before. (I am actually typing this message from that virtual installation :) )

What should my next step be?

Also, how do I transfer files to the virtual drive? I'm trying to figure out by using the "Shared Folder" option, but I don't know where the shared folder is on my virtual install.

Attached is my last session file.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by dr_koveras