Termnial Service

madmack

I'm running windows .net standard beta 3 and when I try to connect to termnial service using remote desktop from windows xp pro, I get the following message "you do not have the proper encryption level to access this computer". I'm using beta 3 with corp files. I do not receive this message using the unpatched files from beta 3. Can anyone tell me what going on or how to solve this problem.

Luckily, I was in an IRC channel at the time and logged the chat, someone had the same problem as you:

<TheBrew``> oki, i found out that the server_corpfiles i downloaded yesterday does -not- work on the enterprise version of .net (windows runs as it should, but i can't connect to it with terminal services - i have no problem if i install the non-corped version) - does anyone here know/have the corpfiles for the Enterprise version?

<|_Taz13> what msg do you get when you try to use term svcs ??

<|_Taz13> something about encryption level ??

<TheBrew``> yup

<TheBrew``> exactly...!

<TheBrew``> "you do not have the proper encryption level to run this session" ..or something

<|_Taz13> it's fixable, run a reg search for minencryptionlevel and change all incidences to 0 instead of 2 will fix it

<|_Taz13> i think at least 3 incidences of that key

<TheBrew``> if that fixes it.. then you're THE MAN..! lemme c..

<TheBrew``> (i've been spending about 6-8 hours on this problem)

<|_Taz13> did the same thing when installed 3590 is y i know

<TheBrew``> how did u find out?

<|_Taz13> couple of ppl worked on it other op here Element figured it out

<TheBrew``> you're hardcore guys alright..

<|_Taz13> might be minencryptlevel

<TheBrew``> it works..... man.. thanks a MILLION

• 3 weeks later...
reg search for minencryptionlevel and change all incidences to 0 instead of 2 will fix it [/quote:ac014cce0a]

Have you tried what the thread says?

BB

By the way P, I wasnt flamin you in the other post, I was just being me...

Actually, if you are getting the same thing, why not try what the thread here suggests. change the reg entries from 0 to 2, if that does not work, I am sure someone can help you further or put you in the right direction.

Big Booger

Further, you might try this article as a REFERENCE, as it deals with 2K server, and enabling remote access in terminal services.

If it does not help, no harm done right?

http://www.actionjackson.com/articles/20000807/

BB