Anyone know silent install switches for TeamViewer?

ceez

Hello everyone. Came across a free remote software called TeamViewer. I would like to implement this on a few laptops at work, but of course wanna do the silent install so it can be deployed via the network.

The problem is that I dont know what is the insstaller they are using and cant really google specific switches for a specific installer type.

Checking the properties of the EXE doesnt show the installer either.

The website is www.teamviewer.com

Thanks guys.

ceez

:thumbup

• 4 months later...

well, if you or your workplace own some licenses for the commercial version, it may be a good idea to ask them for unattended installation support. Be it by making NSIS read an answer file (you have to implement that yourself as it doesnt by default) or convince them to switch to MSI or any other installation system that allows answer files by default (first thing I remember, InnoSetup, also free).

Other than that there's only repackaging I guess.

• 1 year later...

,mmm the best way i find is download the portable version from the official webpage...

then, make a install like other programa, and make shorcuts..

thats all

and it works very well! :D

The portable version has some limitations. it doesn't save any settings upon exit, doesn't run as a service, so you won't be able to auto connect with your TeamViewer account, run at windows logon screen or have a permanent password.

Because of these reasons, I invested some time figuring out a way to install the original full version silently.

Tested on Windows XP/7. works

Link for TeamViewer Silent Installer (repacked): TeamViewer Silent Setup

[Generated by TGUP - Create Silent Installers method]

,mmm the best way i find is download the portable version from the official webpage...

then, make a install like other programa, and make shorcuts..

thats all

and it works very well! :D

The portable version has some limitations. it doesn't save any settings upon exit, doesn't run as a service, so you won't be able to auto connect with your TeamViewer account, run at windows logon screen or have a permanent password.

Because of these reasons, I invested some time figuring out a way to install the original full version silently.

Tested on Windows XP/7. works

Link for TeamViewer Silent Installer (repacked): TeamViewer Silent Setup

[Generated by TGUP - Create Silent Installers method]

Thanks, but I dont get any startmenu shorcuts?

Please provide me with some info to help u with the startmenu shortcut

1. The Operating System you use

2. The language of the operating System

3. The Full path to the Allusers Startmenu. (eg: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Startmenu)

Thanks

Please provide me with some info to help u with the startmenu shortcut

1. The Operating System you use

2. The language of the operating System

3. The Full path to the Allusers Startmenu. (eg: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Startmenu)

Thanks

1) Windows 7 Professional X64

2) Dutch.

3) No alluserprofile in win7 that i know of?

send me the value of this key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" "Common Start Menu"

send me the value of this key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" "Common Start Menu"

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

• 3 weeks later...

The /S switch for silent install of TEAMVIEWER WORKS!

but you must do the following :

download the program (preferably the latest version) ..or ..if you have it on your hard drive , open it... (AND LET IT OPEN! DO NOT CLOSE OR INSTALL THE APLICATION. JUST DUBLE-CLICK IT!!)

Then , go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. There you'll see a folder called TeamViewer. Open that folder. Inside you'll have 2 files. Teamviewer.exe and tvinfo.ini

Copy the Teamviewer from that folder and paste wherever you want. After this you can close the other application.

With the new teamviewer.exew which you copyed from the temp folder , u can run it sillently. Use the /S Switch. Works with WPI also.

• 1 month later...

The /S switch for silent install of TEAMVIEWER WORKS!

but you must do the following :

download the program (preferably the latest version) ..or ..if you have it on your hard drive , open it... (AND LET IT OPEN! DO NOT CLOSE OR INSTALL THE APLICATION. JUST DUBLE-CLICK IT!!)

Then , go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. There you'll see a folder called TeamViewer. Open that folder. Inside you'll have 2 files. Teamviewer.exe and tvinfo.ini

Copy the Teamviewer from that folder and paste wherever you want. After this you can close the other application.

With the new teamviewer.exew which you copyed from the temp folder , u can run it sillently. Use the /S Switch. Works with WPI also.

This method doesn't Install TeamViewer as Service, doesn't create Shortcuts and doesn't add Uninstall Information!

• 3 weeks later...

well, i didn't knew that thing...i've installed teamviewer sillently, and i can say that you are correct! it doesn't show up into C:\Program Files\ , Control Panel and so on.

• 1 year later...