HELP ME.. (vLite)

cervus_unicolor

Download and install vlite 1.1.6 then install vlite 1.2rc after that insert your Vista disk and go from step to step...

Interesting - maybe this is why I had problem with clean install of 1.2RC (machine completely shut down half way through "Saving Changes" during SP1 slipstream) - Later did clean install of 1.1.6 final which slipstreamed without problem.

What does 1.1.6 leave behind that justifies installing it first? Is this a known issue/work around?

Richard

It is my understanding, that 1.1.6 includes the specific WAIK files that allow vLite to operate on WIM files. These WAIK files were removed from later versions as the MS agreement precludes redistribution in whole or part. WAIK is the size of a DVD and 1.1.6 is a few megs. So grab 1.1.6 while you still can, install that first, immediately install the latest vLite straight over the top, and you're good to go.

That said, if you don't already have the necessary WAIK files, I don't see how you could have got as far as task selection in vLite, let alone saving changes.