bootVis for x64

I know bootvis is no longer public but I don't want to use it for the

optimization system, I want the boot time details. Because my shutdown now takes more than half a minute and bootup around 1 min. So I wanna see which app/driver is the problem. Does anyone know where I

can find a piece of software, if there is no bootvis for x64?

Trance

that's the first thing I do on my fresh Windows install.

it's not just the shutdown its also the start up. Its sitting there for almost 10sec doing absolutely nothing during boot. Not to much it takes about 3min to get into safe mode

well that could be because of many things. How much software do you have in startup? Do you run anti virus? memory scanning on boot? those kind of things.

Check for driver conflicts, event viewer logs. Prefetch enabled ? There's like a billion reasons. bootvis x64 doesnt exist google says, which is weird. I could have sworn i used to use it some years back.

Trance

that is exactly why I would need a bootvis because there can be a milion reasons. I also went into MSCONFIG in disabled all non microsoft services and startup items and nothing helped. In device manager all is ok.

pa. about the bootvis. It works on X32 just not on X64

I dont have it enabled so i cant check the filename, but as i recall there should be a .ini file in prefetch\ directory along with the prefetch files. This file will show you in what order windows loads prefetched files.

It will also show you if you should clean up some prefetch files. Also startup menu directories etc are prefetched, usually.