Is it at all possible to create a 32bit vlited vista from 64bit disc?

athenachloe

Hi, I have an asus laptop with Vista Home 32 bit and it only came with an Asus Recovery DVD which doesn't work with vlite.

My brother has brought an OEM Home edition of vista but it is 64 bit, I know the chances are slim but is there any method that could let me create a 32bit vlited version of vista from the 64 bit disc?

Also the chances of this is even more slimmer but is there any way that I could extract or copy files from the OEM disc and place them on the Asus Recovery disc to make it usable with vlite?

Unrelated to this forum, I'd like to use Vista 64x bit, the problem being needing 64 bit signed drivers. I'm using a Asus F3TC notebook which asus doesn't have any 64x drivers for on there website so if someone would be able to point out drivers for this model, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

In one word: nope.

Unless you have a retail DVD, because on the retail, both the 32bit and the 64bit versions are available.

The 64bit version has 64bit code, in other words, 64bit code cannot function in a 32bit environment.

And about the drivers, if there are no 64bit drivers out there for you notebook, then it's, well, bad luck. So then your stuck to the 32bit version...

Edited by lobbie1978