Replace wallpaper (names) on XP install CD

kikass

Hey,

First of all excuse me for my English - it' not my native language :$

I have searched for a solution for 3 days (google) but haven't found it. Maybe You fellows can help me.

My problem: I would like to create custom XP install CD - it's almost ready and it's almost perfect for me (it has SP3, and the latest updates, WMP11 and IE7 etc)...only one little thing disturbs me. That little thing is that I want to replace the original wallpapers (names). Example: on the original XP installation CD (i386 folder) there is default wallpaper named Bliss (clouds and stuff :) ) and I would like to replace it with wallpaper named Cat. Right now I have so called half-done solution - I replaced the wallpapers on installation CD but names remained as original...I have picture/wallpaper with Cat on it but named Bliss... I don't wanna add wallpapers but wanna replace te original ones...help me!

Tnx

• 1 month later...

Well, you should see the name of the wallpaper in the i386 folder like this:

bliss.JP_

That's a compressed version of the file. (open it with WinRAR or 7z)

Name your image bliss.jpg (or w/e image you want to replace) then use makecab.exe on it and it will turn into bliss.jp_ (once again, or the name of the picture).

Now replace the old bliss.jp_ with the new bliss.jp_ and it should work when you install it.

• 2 months later...