Using nLite for Network Unattended XP installation

SDChargers

Here’s a screen shot

xpsrceen.jpg

First question is, can nLite be use in this why? Meaning, I am trying to setup a network distribution share, where I am connecting to the server via DOS network boot disk and trying to run an unattended installation. Using:

P:\I386\>winnt.exe /s:P: /u:P:unattend.txt

the Answer file was created using Setup Manaager. Setup Manager also created the network share, Then I tried to fire up nLite on the same location (after having to copy those win*.* files) to add vmware scsi controller driver. nLite works like a champ, but when I go to install I get the above error message. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried adding the drivers myself to "$OEM$\$1\Drivers\vmscsi", and a vmscsi.sy_ cab file added to I386, then edited the txtsetup.sif and unattend.txt docs. But this way gets me to an error of "can not find vmscsi.sys"

I need help

Thanks for your time and help.

Nick

Edited by SDChargers

This should normally work. I assume there is no hard drive problem.

Regarding your code: I believe there should be no "\" after "I386" and there should be a "\" before "unattend.txt".

And also that /s:P: should be /s:P:\I386.

There might be a problem with DOSNET.inf, TXTSETUP.sif. I would just start all over again with a fresh windows install.