FULL Version Of DirectX v9.24.1400

Bug_zs

August 11, 2008

Guys/Gals,

Does anyone have a direct download link (Rapidshare, FileFactory, etc..)

of the FULL version of DirectX v9.24.1400? I'm having trouble with that

dxwebsetup.exe nonsense.

Bug_zs

The full version is usually released shortly after the web installer. It has not showed up anywhere yet. A lot of people are posting links, but they all point to older versions of the full installer. We'll have to wait.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but "August 2008 DirectX redist" does not support Windows 98...

Correct.

In fact Microsoft dropped support after December 2006 Redist according to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

"Starting with Febraury 2007 SDK release - The redist no longer supports Win9x"

However, releases before June 2008 were just missing bda.cab and directx.cab from the December 2006 release.

Starting June 2008, Microsoft have changed the cab format and so most people cannot install June or August.

For some reason, I am able to install June 2008 (I haven't tried August 2008 yet...).

• 2 weeks later...

@Bug_zs

You can also try downloading it from www.filehippo.com

@RetroOS

Correct.

In fact Microsoft dropped support after December 2006 Redist according to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

"Starting with Febraury 2007 SDK release - The redist no longer supports Win9x"

However, releases before June 2008 were just missing bda.cab and directx.cab from the December 2006 release.

Starting June 2008, Microsoft have changed the cab format and so most people cannot install June or August.

For some reason, I am able to install June 2008 (I haven't tried August 2008 yet...).

I really do envy you. I hope you can determine what you did right in your Win98 rig that allowed you to install the June2008 so we can all do it too. :)