want to view every file in 1 window

dcyphure

is there a way to view every file that resides in all folders and subfolders in the same window without showing individual folders?

in other words, every file thats in every folder in C: drive, i want to view as if they were all in one folder....any way to do that or some software that can do that?

i'd also like to know if there is a software that can hide/filter any file types of my choosing from view

Edited by dcyphure

is there a way to view every file that resides in all folders and subfolders in the same window without showing individual folders?

in other words, every file thats in every folder in C: drive, i want to view as if they were all in one folder....any way to do that or some software that can do that?

i'd also like to know if there is a software that can hide/filter any file types of my choosing from view

1. Total Commander (Ctrl+B).

2. Same (you can configure it).

GL

*Edit: Smiley code broke my post. That's Ctrl+B.

Edited by GrofLuigi

1. Total Commander (Ctrl+B).

2. Same (you can configure it).

GL

*Edit: Smiley code broke my post. That's Ctrl+B.

it seems just to show whats in windows directory, but its a start

You should navigate to whatever directory you want, then press Ctrl+B. It will list all files inside that directory + all files inside subdirectories all together flat in the lister. Isn't that what you wanted? Afterwards you could do whatever you want with the files, even drop them to another Explorer window(s).

GL

You should navigate to whatever directory you want, then press Ctrl+B. It will list all files inside that directory + all files inside subdirectories all together flat in the lister. Isn't that what you wanted? Afterwards you could do whatever you want with the files, even drop them to another Explorer window(s).

GL

i'll try again...but when i did it inthe C: directory,it just shows whats in windows folder for some reason ..i wanted every file shown in the C: drive, so i'll play with it again.

Sorry, with 400 posts, I thought you'd know what a command prompt is and would recognize the "dir" command. I guess I was wrong.

lol, 400 posts only shows, i either have alot of questions or alot of opinions and i never once asked any question regarding commands....i just click pretty icons like most computer users. proabably not a good idea to assume anything in a forum, posts from someone is a very limiting way of knowing anything about them.

Edited by dcyphure