64k and vLite problem

kane3162

like i said above its not vLite specific i just really dont know where else to put it..

my problem is i have a 34GB WD Raptor and I have tried every tool from Hiren's boot cd to format the partition NTFS/64k cluster size, and while it works fine when its attached as a secondary drive or in a hd caddy it works fine but whenever i try to install my Vista Ultimate it tells me none of the disks fit the criteria... i could swear that Vista could be installed with this setup... Google and a general search haven't turned up anything useful...

can anyone throw me a life line here...

Thx..

EDIT I also tried 32k and 16k cluster sizes with noo luck... wut am I doin wrong?

Edited by kane3162

w00t!

WORKS... HAPPY TEIM (still had to have boot on a 4k partition but at least the main OS/Files are on a 64k Partition)

I thought maybe I should explain a little...

There is something wrong with the way vLite integrates SP1 or SP1 itself (will find out shortly...) HOWEVER upon the SP1's setup finish with it integrated I get a winload.exe error... now that sucks... spent a week on this only to find out it was SP1 integrated (or soon to be SP1 all together if this fails...) Used regular Vista Ultimate x64 with NO SP1 integrated and its online working fine...

HOWEVER i did notice that with this Build, the only thing i removed was Drivers/Languages since I have 1GB of all the drivers for my system... HOWEVER it seems that I cannot find a replacement for the IDE to USB driver... so when i plugged in my HDD Caddy it looks for the driver... fails... and wont push on further meaning my USB HDD is now unaccesable, nuhi would you happen to know how i can strip it from full Vista and put it back in without a total reinstall? if so GREAT... cause another driver problem is now my G9 will not work... it lights up... works on my laptop and other desktop BUT not on my new build... so something in the drivers stops USB Storage and my G9 to stop working (didn't see any warnings about this in drivers otherwise i would have left it... :o )

nuhi u got anything?

EDIT1: just to amend this a little, installed SetPoint software from Logitech and now my G9 works again! w00t... still not USB Storage support... :(

EDIT2: also have UMB\UMBUS with no drivers... wtf?

EDIT3: yep... all USB drivers what-so-ever are gone... crap

Edited by kane3162