PowerDVD 8 & 9 Silent install

mtbbac

How to install PowerDVD 9 in silent mode then? Can't get it working with "Setup.exe /S /v /qn".

Extract the original installer.

Go to custom.ini file and add Silent=1 under [PowerDVD9] and change RichVideo=1 to RichVideo=0

Go to setup.ini file and make sure that EnableLangDlg=N and SuppressReboot=Y

Delete RichVideo folder.

Run silent installation from setup.exe without switches.

Thanks!

I have a problem starting PowerDVD 9 on Vmware (XP SP3 host OS).

It installs properly, but it starts (I see it from task manager running processes only, nothing on screen being displayed), and then exits.

I need it to start in order to test if it is configured properly, since I deploy it preconfigured.

It all works fine outside virtual machine OS, but the problem is I cannot be sure I preconfigured the silent install properly if I dont have a clean system

Anyone can help out?

Edited by Angelico_Payne

It installs properly, but it starts (I see it from task manager running processes only, nothing on screen being displayed), and then exits.

Exactly the same problem here (start PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe and PowerDVD9.exe and quits both processes). Can't start it under VMware, but I already install PowerDVD in real machine and it works.

Have you tried under VirtualBox?

No I have never tried to use VirtualBox so far, so I am unacostumed to it.

I was hoping the problem was in some pre check up that can be mended with a reg entry, at least on temp basis. If anyone has any idea, please share it, however farfetched it might seem.

I will try VirtualBox tommorow to see if same error occurs there.

EDIT: I found a hint that disabling the video acceleration in the VMWare settings will enable PowerDVD to work, will test it out as well.

Edited by Angelico_Payne

Exactly the same problem here (start PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe and PowerDVD9.exe and quits both processes). Can't start it under VMware, but I already install PowerDVD in real machine and it works.

Have you tried under VirtualBox?

No I have never tried to use VirtualBox so far, so I am unacostumed to it.

I was hoping the problem was in some pre check up that can be mended with a reg entry, at least on temp basis. If anyone has any idea, please share it, however farfetched it might seem.

I will try VirtualBox tommorow to see if same error occurs there.

EDIT: I found a hint that disabling the video acceleration in the VMWare settings will enable PowerDVD to work, will test it out as well.

Hi all,

I hade the same problem and all i did was change the screen resolution

Originaly is 800x600 and and 1024x768 is need to make PowerDVD work.

That was it for me...

• 1 month later...
Dear Angelico,

Thank you for writing back.

In response to your issue please note that no version of PowerDVD software support VM and that may be the reason for the issue that you are facing.

We request you to once try the software on stanalone machine and check the results.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

>> http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support

No way making it work. The strange thing is previous version worked, despite what they have said here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone i had tired by doing this thing :huh: ,its not working at all, tried in Power dvd 9 and 10,not working error always :no: Please any one post the Power dvd 9 and 10 configuration settings ,sim files and registration entries.Iam also expecting some one will post detail description of this method. Am just waiting for this Please help me... :unsure:

No one will help you as long as you shout and plead. Also more details are needed besides it's not working - What did you do, what errors did you get, so what else did you try? The more you try to help yourself and then provide details of what went wrong, the better and quicker we can help you.

Cheers and Regards