nliteos.cmd not found

emailaya

i tried to search the forum but didnt find anything

after installing everything and the desktop appears for the first time, i also got a message saying it cant find c:\windows\system32\nliteos.cmd

in general it seems nlite did everything including the small tweaks i set it to do but still im sure this file is vital

what happens?

i used version 1.4.5 to make the iso

thanks

no one knows? no one encountered this problem? what about the developer itself? he must have an idea or a suggestion what might cause this

i found NLITE.CM_ under :\I386 (so mayb the missing file was nlite.cmd that was missing? now im not sure) in the installation disc

i dont have a VM to try

thank you for your replies

emailaya, please download VirtualBox from here: http://www.virtualbox.org/ . Read around, get familiar with it, etc. etc. The package is 'bout 30 MBs, bear with downloading it ;) .

Afterwards, make a new nLite iso with the latest nLite version (current 1.48).

Install VirtualBox, give some free hard drive space to it (recommended 5-10 GB, depending on your install) and mount the iso onto the new Virtual Disk. (Fairly easy to do, read instructions and follow prompts.)

Now, I really hope you have at least 2.0 GHz (or close) + 1 GB RAM (or more) and 'bout 5-10 GB of free hard drive space ...

Before you start virtualization, I suggest you get off the internet + temporarily turn off security apps (to free resources/ RAM) + shut down uneccessary apps + etc. etc.

Now, Virtualize and try not to do anything else outside the machine (I suggest you keep the VirtualBox warnings up so you absolutly know what you're doing).

Have fun :) !! And remember to post back with an update !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

emailaya, please download VirtualBox from here: http://www.virtualbox.org/ . Read around, get familiar with it, etc. etc. The package is 'bout 30 MBs, bear with downloading it ;) .

Afterwards, make a new nLite iso with the latest nLite version (current 1.48).

Install VirtualBox, give some free hard drive space to it (recommended 5-10 GB, depending on your install) and mount the iso onto the new Virtual Disk. (Fairly easy to do, read instructions and follow prompts.)

Now, I really hope you have at least 2.0 GHz (or close) + 1 GB RAM (or more) and 'bout 5-10 GB of free hard drive space ...

Before you start virtualization, I suggest you get off the internet + temporarily turn off security apps (to free resources/ RAM) + shut down uneccessary apps + etc. etc.

Now, Virtualize and try not to do anything else outside the machine (I suggest you keep the VirtualBox warnings up so you absolutly know what you're doing).

Have fun :) !! And remember to post back with an update !!

i know what u tried to achieve

1) gave me some homework to make me quiet

2) asked for an update to make sure i really did homework before i continue to complain

so i think i got back sooner than u expected and here are few things:

1) thanks for the VirtualBox - im in love

2) it asked me for a workgroup. sth it didnt ask in my previous installation. looking inside nlite settings, this data is missing, only computer name was filled by me so here is my first Q: do i need to enter also the workgroup and domain name? my computer is a standalone and is connected to the internet using a dialer (ADSL). so what should it be?

3) guess what? problem's still here and i even have an image of it, attached, just for u, did u really think 1.4.8 will solve it? i didnt, since there were no fixes related to this problem between 1.4.5 and 1.4.8 but i guess it worth a shot

now be honest with me, arent u just proud of me?

post-166406-1218577344_thumb.jpg

2) asked for an update to make sure i really did homework before i continue to complain

2) it asked me for a workgroup. sth it didnt ask in my previous installation. looking inside nlite settings, this data is missing, only computer name was filled by me so here is my first Q: do i need to enter also the workgroup and domain name? my computer is a standalone and is connected to the internet using a dialer (ADSL). so what should it be?

3) guess what? problem's still here and i even have an image of it, attached, just for u, did u really think 1.4.8 will solve it? i didnt, since there were no fixes related to this problem between 1.4.5 and 1.4.8 but i guess it worth a shot

~~Now that sounded a bit mean/ judgmental -_- ... I was actually just trying to help (no, like, really) when no one was getting back to you ... I was even hoping for you to get back to us sooner (I checked back at this thread soo many times during work today; yeah, I was part bored, part waiting) ;) .

Alright, now seriously, I have no clue what's wrong (never did in the beginning). I was only trying to get you some steps to solve the problem, as in I was trying to get the problem not to appear at all by doing a new install/ iso. (You didn't say whether you used a new source or old source for this, so I'm hoping you used a new source, fresh from the disk.)

What I suggest now: PM nuhi about this problem (hopefully he won't mind); he's the developer for the program. OR wait for more experienced users to get back to you.

--About the workgroup issue: since you didn't put one in the unattended sets, it probably came out as blank for you (which is what happened, right ?)

All you have to do is (when the prompt comes or in nLite) put in the default:

"MSHOME" for Windows XP (its MSHOME without the "") --> no need for domain, workgroup should do just fine.

That is unless you have some Vista machines, if so, check out this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx --> Tells about printer sharing and MSHOME versus WORKGROUP .

--And whether or not the new nLite version solved the problem or not; yeah, it was worth the try ...

Well ... I guess now all you can do is wait for more experienced users to get back to you. Sorry I wasn't much of a help -_- ...

P.S.--

I do hope that you did in fact start all over again, with copying fresh XP files and stuff. If not, do that.

**VirtualBox is great, right? Yeah, it had the same --Wow-- effect on me too ;) . At least now you are able to test stuff/ play around with Virtual OSes now, right ... ?

Edited by Happy-Dude

~~Now that sounded a bit mean/ judgmental -_- ... I was actually just trying to help (no, like, really) when no one was getting back to you ... I was even hoping for you to get back to us sooner (I checked back at this thread soo many times during work today; yeah, I was part bored, part waiting) ;) .

Alright, now seriously, I have no clue what's wrong (never did in the beginning). I was only trying to get you some steps to solve the problem, as in I was trying to get the problem not to appear at all by doing a new install/ iso. (You didn't say whether you used a new source or old source for this, so I'm hoping you used a new source, fresh from the disk.)

What I suggest now: PM nuhi about this problem (hopefully he won't mind); he's the developer for the program. OR wait for more experienced users to get back to you.

--About the workgroup issue: since you didn't put one in the unattended sets, it probably came out as blank for you (which is what happened, right ?)

All you have to do is (when the prompt comes or in nLite) put in the default:

"MSHOME" for Windows XP (its MSHOME without the "") --> no need for domain, workgroup should do just fine.

That is unless you have some Vista machines, if so, check out this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx --> Tells about printer sharing and MSHOME versus WORKGROUP .

--And whether or not the new nLite version solved the problem or not; yeah, it was worth the try ...

Well ... I guess now all you can do is wait for more experienced users to get back to you. Sorry I wasn't much of a help -_- ...

P.S.--

I do hope that you did in fact start all over again, with copying fresh XP files and stuff. If not, do that.

**VirtualBox is great, right? Yeah, it had the same --Wow-- effect on me too ;) . At least now you are able to test stuff/ play around with Virtual OSes now, right ... ?

i was sarcastic, perhaps too sarcastic, i apologize if i insulted u in any way :)

i will fill out the workgroup and i will PM to nuhi hopefully he will reply soon.

allot of ppl read my msg and didnt reply so i guess my problem left ppl speechless

to be honest i didnt try nlite from scratch, but since the error is related to nlite processing and not windows installation process i will wait for nohi's reply about it before trying anything else

thank you for your time and wanting to help and with bearing my sarcasm :)

Edited by emailaya

to be honest i didnt try nlite from scratch, but since the error is related to nlite processing and not windows installation process i will wait for nohi's reply about it before trying anything else

Start from scratch, best thing to do.

(Old version left a messed up nliteos.cmd file. New version didn't correct the messed up version. --> Start from scratch = fresh new, fixed nliteos.cmd file.)

(Old version left a messed up nliteos.cmd file. New version didn't correct the messed up version. --> Start from scratch = fresh new, fixed nliteos.cmd file.)

Ok

sorry to say it didnt work.

i now must add that the xp i start from is NLite version with SP2 and now i slipstream sp3 into it. the process itself seems to work ok, except for that msg i put here saying nlite.cmd cannot be found

so isnt there a way to nlite a version which was already nlited?

Ok

sorry to say it didnt work.

i now must add that the xp i start from is NLite version with SP2 and now i slipstream sp3 into it. the process itself seems to work ok, except for that msg i put here saying nlite.cmd cannot be found

so isnt there a way to nlite a version which was already nlited?

No there is not. You need to use XP CD that has not be nLited.

Cheers ;)