Copy installation disc to drive

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, this is starting to look interesting but I'm not following some things such as...

a ) Why do you need to create a multiboot CD when it sounds like you boot from some other sort of boot CD in the first place?

b ) What is this boot CD of yours running, some sort of DOS-derivative or what?

Is this directed towards me? If so,

a ) I don't create a multiboot CD. I am only creating the source that contains all hotfixes (slipstreamed), so that I do not have to go to Windows Update on each machine that I build.

b ) I created a WINPE (Windoes Pre-Installation Environment) based CD that launches a script that sets up the parameters I would need during setup (such as comp name, OS [xp, tablet, 2003]), copies source files and any additional files I want on each system, then performs setup from network/local source.

Edited by NtegrA

If you boot your PC using a WinPE CD, and then format the target drive as a system drive using "format c: /s", are you then able to boot your PC on that drive to a command prompt?

If so, can't you just format the drive from WinPE using format c: /s, then copy the i386 folder, reboot from the target drive, and at the command prompt just do a \i386\winnt.exe?