phpmailer (or similar)

Hello,

I am trying to setup a form on a website to send emails... I'm not exactly good with technical terms, so I'll just list the details you would need to know

-I downloaded Sonic Contact, which is based off of phpmailer, it appears

-They offer little in support documentation, and I fail to find where I should enter server information... smtp

-I do not want to be bothered setting up an SMTP server, or email server

-I am using smtp.gmail.com for my smtp server, I know the port has to be 465 and it has to be secured (openssl)

If anyone has another script to use for Gmail smtp, I will gladly test it.

oh, it shouldnt really matter, but just so you know, the form appears on my website without an error, but when I send a message, I get an error, well, obviously, I never specified an smtp server.

Thankyou

The reason you're getting an error is most likely due to the fact that Gmail's SMTP servers require authentication (all I can think of at the moment), something the phpmailer script probably does not support, although I'm not 100% sure on this. Is there a reason you need to use Gmail's servers? Does the company your hosting with have their own SMTP servers? Or if you're hosting it on your own server, does your ISP have SMTP servers that don't require authentication?