safe to slipstream xpize 4.7b with sp3?

mluu510

is it safe to slipstream xpize 4.6b lite into winxp sp3? i did that and tried reformatting my laptop with it. it had a lot of missing drivers like battery drivers and base host drivers. it doesn't even detect that my laptop is running on battery. i am thinking xpize damaged some of the files? i'll try to reformat tomorrow to make sure it wasn't just a bad install. anyone had a successful sp3 xpize slipstream?

alright, thanks. what is sfc?

i tired reinstalling again with my xpize slipstream xp3. it's giving me the same problem. i'll build myself another winxp cd.

how come my uxtheme.dll wasn't patch with slipstreaming xpize? i always thought that was odd.

Edited by mluu510

• 2 weeks later...

sfc is the System File Checker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_File_Checker ) for Windows OSs.

Basically, it **protects and restores** (from what I understand) from any changes that Windows perceives as harmful/ not "native" (not in default install). So as XPize patches, sfc might go crazy since its changing a bunch of default things.

I believe uxtheme.dll is not patched by default because it is the users choice/ its an extra/ the file changes with every service pack. (Right not, XPize 4.7's uxtheme.dll is outdated for SP3. DO NOT USE IT for service pack 3 installs.)

**Say, on a side note, is there anything to gain from patching a WinXP install with 4.7b and then Darkside? 4.7 has small modifications to some resources. Is it even possible to do it? (I've tried with XPize 4.7b and Darkside over it, and maybe I'm just stupid, since it errors on shell32.dll patching -_- .)

Say, anyone know what I should do when:

--Slipstream with XPize 4.7 --> application error comes up (something about referenced memory and memory could not read)

--try to do it again --> goes to something like corrupt installer?

--Use Darkside slipstream --> application error comes up

**I realize that I could've continued even with application error. I'll see what happens ...