KernelEX installed but........

I have installed KernelEX 0.3.5 but I still cannot install Google Earth. (I had earlier copied unicows in window>system for some other software.). I get the error that the OS is not compatible with Google Earth.

Actually I have just downloaded the latest google earth installer here and it's only a 7z self extracting archive which you can extract with 7-Zip or IzArc. Then browse to the google earth executable and double click on it and it runs.

It has never been easier than that.

Earlier versions required lots of tricks to run. Both with the installer and the program (or its dlls can't remember too well) itself.

Edited by eidenk

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted the file by 7-zip in the same folder in which I had downloaded the google.exe. The extract contains folders like program files and Local Application Data and other files. when I click on the googleearth.exe located in the partition I>My Folder>Program Files>google>google earth, the splash screen and google windows opens but does not proceed beyond initialization.

It also gave the error that KML and KMZ files are currently set to open with an application other than google and would you like to restore this functionality ?? Even selecting YES did not make any difference and the google continued to stay at initialization.

Which other prog must be using these files and is there anything that can be done further ??

I am also interested to know whether AVG 8 can be installed after kernelEX ??

Edited by ntechie