Big install problems!

lobbie1978

Hi guys,

I've got a huge problem which I can't seem to solve. Here's what's going on:

I made a vLite'd install disc of Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86. I took the OEM DVD I own and integrated SP1 into it along with a couple of drivers (SATA, Graphics Card, monitor LAN etc.) and I did some removals as well.

Now, I have 2 partitions, one of them is Windows XP Professional. I want to install Vista on the other partition as a dual boot setup (as I did so many times now) The install procedure goes fine until the screen appears of step 3 of SP1. It says 100% but it's processing something... After this, setup reboots and at this point the problems begin. After the boot manager, a black screen appears where about 60.000 files are being read or processed or something... After this the computer reboots and after the boot manager the next error appears on the screen:

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I found out that the location of winload.exe in the bootmanager is wrong. It says it's in %windir%\system32\ but it's actualy in %windir%\system32\boot.

I changed the location with bcdedit.exe and rebooted again... Now, another error appears on the screen which is:

Windows could not start because the below file is missing or corrupt:

C:\Winnt\System32\Ntoskrnl.exe

Here is where I'm stuck. I can't seem to find the solution to this problem. It seems that when the 60.000 files are being processed, the whole Vista installation gets f***ed up. Any idea's? I appreciate the help! Thanks in advance!

Edited by lobbie1978