i only want xp on my unattended cd

brute force

i have created an unattended dvd with XP, drivers and some apps. but i have some pc's with just cd drives. how can i create just an xp only cd now that i have created a dvd with nlite. is it simple or do i need to go thru another nlite session. i am also concerned that nlite will overwrite my successful dvd session. is there a shortcut to doing this? what is the best way to separate the os from the drivers and the apps? has anyone had my situation before? thanks for your help

I think you should be able to copy all the files from the DVD to CD, the best is to use a iso tool which dumps all files to a ISO file which you can burn to CD, at least if it's under 700 MB. Correct if I'm wrong.

how can i create just an xp only cd now that i have created a dvd

Didn't you create your DVD starting from a "XP only CD" ? :huh:

i used nlite and i never had a "xp only " cd because i used other features of nlite. how do i get it to be "xp only" without screwing this up and screwing my "xpcd" only folder?

I think you should be able to copy all the files from the DVD to CD, the best is to use a iso tool which dumps all files to a ISO file which you can burn to CD, at least if it's under 700 MB. Correct if I'm wrong.

please elaborate since you cant copy dvd to cd since it wont fit on cd. what files do i need to copy?

please elaborate since you cant copy dvd to cd since it wont fit on cd. what files do i need to copy?

can anyone help here. i would think this would be a simple thing for those of you who have done this multiple times. thanks again for your time

If you used DriverPacks then you need to start fresh. There are far too many changes to track and remove in DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF. The same goes for most addons from ryanvm.net.

If you used program addons from this site or switchless installers from ryanvm.net then it should be as simple as editing SVCPACK.INF and removing the EXEs from the SVCPACK folder in your source.

If you used DriverPacks then you need to start fresh. There are far too many changes to track and remove in DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF. The same goes for most addons from ryanvm.net.

If you used program addons from this site or switchless installers from ryanvm.net then it should be as simple as editing SVCPACK.INF and removing the EXEs from the SVCPACK folder in your source.

ok thanks. i will just need to create a separate xp source folder