Unable to logon to Windows Vista

Kindovic

Hi,

I'm now unable to logon to Windows Vista after a disruptive shutdown. Now, after the Vista loading screen, I only can see a black screen with a cursor in the middle. I'm not able to hear and see the Windows Vista startup sound and screen. I'm also not able to choose which account I wish to logon to.

I think this is a quite common Vista problem as my friends also encountered this problem.

Is there any solution to this problem other than reformatting my system?

Thanks and really appreciate the help!

Hi,

I'm now unable to logon to Windows Vista after a disruptive shutdown. Now, after the Vista loading screen, I only can see a black screen with a cursor in the middle. I'm not able to hear and see the Windows Vista startup sound and screen. I'm also not able to choose which account I wish to logon to.

I think this is a quite common Vista problem as my friends also encountered this problem.

It's simple, Windows got corrupted. Never do a forced hard shutdown.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 1 month later...
Hi,

It's simple, Windows got corrupted. Never do a forced hard shutdown.

The exceptional answer! Maybe you can explain first to the Vista "operating system" not to freeze to prevent self corruption. It's simpler for you, I think! :-)

Guys, maybe It's not the answer that you're waiting for but do not use Vista! Change it to the whatever you can but Vista!

i have had the same issue on my moms pc... it happened after i upgraded her xp to vista.... when switching between users it went black so i had to restart the system. What i did (also couldnt install SP1 for some strange reason...) is a clean install of Vista and after that it worked like a sharm :) its a pretty radical move but it worked for the issue you have :)

if there are other and more easy ways to solve i would like to hear that too.

Edited by Martin L

i have seen this before but without auto-login. basically the user force shutdown thier pc whilst an update was applying to the OS. you could no longer get past the login screen, it would just be a black window.

what i decided to do from here was to tell the computer to shutdown from the login screen and it decided to install the updates. let it finish and booted up the machine worked fine.

hope this information helps

i have seen this before but without auto-login. basically the user force shutdown thier pc whilst an update was applying to the OS. you could no longer get past the login screen, it would just be a black window.

what i decided to do from here was to tell the computer to shutdown from the login screen and it decided to install the updates. let it finish and booted up the machine worked fine.

hope this information helps

how do u manage to do tat? all i see was a black screen with cursor... unable to issue ctrl+alt+del command...

not that i want to choose vista, it just that the pc is already pre-installed with vista...

:(

With the exception of a handfull of desktops that were for a computer lab, I have formatted ALL computers that came pre-installed with Vista and installed XP on them. Unfortunately a lot of customers just run out to a big retailer like Best Buy or something to buy a new PC, which in my opinion is the Worst place to buy a new PC because all the big retailers carry is Junk!

So I would pull your HDD, stick it into a desktop PC as a secondary drive, backup your data, Then format it and install Windows XP Pro.