Remove IE but update IE core? possible?

TranceEnergy

you should slipstream sp2 into xp64 (can only do it from a 64bit os) before doing anything

First off: have you even read this thread? Does it look like i am trying to do it from 32bit os?

I have been trying different combinations for the last 30 hours.Since 7pm, morning, yesterday.

I have tried with xp x64 sp2 retail, xp x64 no service pack, xp x64 with sp2 slipped with nlite, every variation.

I do not think there is much more to do at this point.

I also have got confirmation from third party, so right now, bed sounds really sweet.

Maybe get some other ideas to try. But kinda doubt it.

Even if there was possible to get it working with integrating some addon or strange hotfix before i tried it, it would not be working as nuhi himself seems to at least think it does.

However, if you can come up with a solution, bring it on!

Edited by TranceEnergy

First off: have you even read this thread? Does it look like i am trying to do it from 32bit os?

Yup, i have read it.

nope but you're not the only one who'd read this, other people wanting to slipstream sp2 could save time knowing that you can't slipstream a x64 from a 32bit install.

and in each post you keep saying that you're doing it to an SP2 source, but..

Target = Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP1 - 5.2.3790.1830 - English (United States)

read your own thread before biting other people's head off...