Unattended Vista SP1...

Has anyone experianced problems with internet connectivity after Installation?

All drivers installed correctly with vista, there are no unknown drivers under device manager...

Under network connections I went to see the status of the adapter, it says something like ipv4: local ipv6: limited, I tried to see traffic activity, under "sent" and "received" there are a few static numbers.

My adapter is a Nvidia Nforce networking controller card, which worked well with the retail unattended version of vista, I use a cable modem which doesn't need any configuration, all I have to do is connect the ethernet network cable to the cable modem and I have instant internet connection....

so what could be wrong? anyone? :wacko::blink:

Sounds like your NIC is not getting an IP. Check the connection status (or ipconfig /all in a command window).

Maybe you disabled the DHCP client service? If that's not the case, then what kind of modem? Does it have a built-in router? Have you tried resetting it?

It could be several other things, but this mostly covers the basics.

Hi, it turns out that the issue was with my anti-virus, I have configured ESET Smart Security to Silently Install with vista... So after reading your post I booted back into Vista(I dual Boot XP SP3 and Vista SP1) I opened up cmd.exe and tried "ipconfig /all" and it said that DHCP was enabled, and I didn't know what to make of most of the other info, so I was stumped, and getting ready to reply to your post asking for some other solution when I thought about the anti-virus' personal firewal(I think it was the personal firewall causing the problem) I thought to myself: could it be that silently installing the anti-virus along with the OS doesn't configure the firewall, adapter or whatever else properly? So I uninstalled ESET Smart Security, restarted the PC and 'Voila', I had internet connectivity...

In order to be certain that it was the silent install mode that was causing the issue I re-installed the anti-virus again to see what happened, thankfully nothing happened, I still had Net... I guess that it's not recommended to silently install that anti-virus(or at least the version I have) with vista.

but anyway, thanks for the pointers... stay cool :hello:

I guess that it's not recommended to silently install that anti-virus(or at least the version I have) with vista.

Just provide the answers to the silent is main thing. Have to grab all the settings and have them integrate into your install. Reg/Files whatever

Zonealarm recently had an issue with MS update caused problems with no connect and you had to uninstall/update to latest version. Fixed several PC's for free by phone because of that

Well, from what I understood, you meant install the program and then look for it's settings in the registry afterwards and saving them as a '.reg' file. I think that's a good idea... but putting it in action would be a problem for me, I wouldn't know which part of ESET's registry strings to export.