nLite error on IE7 merger

Insomneac

I'm using nLite to slipstream SP3, WMP11 and IE7 into XP Pro (already with SP2 slipstreamed)

Slipstreaming SP3 into XP Pro with nLite works OK.

Then I used WMP11 Slipstreamer to slipstream WMP11 and it's hotfixes into the now XP SP3. That works OK.

The final step was to slipstream IE7 with nLite.

That's when I get the following error "Non existant INF section - [OleControlDlls] entry skipped: 11,,ieframe.dll,2" with an OK button. (I've tried twice)

The merge seems to finish OK (after clicking OK in the error box) and it creates an ISO.

Is this something I should be worried about, and is there a solution? (I don't want burn the ISO to disc until I resolve this)

Thank you.

Edited by Insomneac

I'm not using any add-on, I'm just using nLite to slipstream IE7, inserting it in the Hotfixes and Addon section.

EDIT: I've tried slipstreaming the items in a different order, and it always brings up the error when it starts on the IE7 file "ieframe.dll".

Thank You.

Edited by Insomneac

I've finally managed to get it to work, but only by using an IE7 Add-On. Thanks for the reply LUZR4LIFE.

A few people here have had the exact same problem, and there hasn't been any solution.

Using an IE7 Add-On seems to work OK. However, I'd still like to know why nLite can't slipstream IE7 on it's own?

Anyway, This could have been so much simpler had Micro$$oft made IE7 and WMP11 part of SP3. Guess that's too much to expect....... :rolleyes:

Why they didn't defies logic.

I've finally managed to get it to work, but only by using an IE7 Add-On. Thanks for the reply LUZR4LIFE.

A few people here have had the exact same problem, and there hasn't been any solution.

Using an IE7 Add-On seems to work OK. However, I'd still like to know why nLite can't slipstream IE7 on it's own?

Anyway, This could have been so much simpler had Micro$$oft made IE7 and WMP11 part of SP3. Guess that's too much to expect....... :rolleyes:

Why they didn't defies logic.

Yes, Ie7 should have been in SP3, not sure about WMP 11. It would be nice but I have yet gotten WMP11 in any update, they are trying to keep that hidden still, but what ekse can MS do but the wrong thing. LOL

Thanks for steering me to the IE7 Add-On. I used a different one, but it seems to have worked.

Including IE7 in SP3 is a no-brainer. SP3 even includes IE7 patches I think.

The final version of IE8 should be released soon. Let me guess, it will only be for Vista and it won't have a download manager. :wacko: