CDPromptRemove does not seem to work.

johnhc

I tried using the nLite Option CDPromptRemove, but I am still prompted to 'hit any key...' I am running nLite on XP x64 and testing under VMware Server. Powering up or restarting my guest prompts to boot from CD every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks, John.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses. Ponch, here is the Options code from my LastSession and attached is a screen shot of the Options page in nLite.

[Options]
OemBranding
DupeFiles
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
AdvTweaks
CDPromptRemove

John

Edited by johnhc

My answer might have seemed stupid, but we got a few threads time ago from people being confused between "using the option" and "enabling the message". But yes, your choice is correct and also yes, it (always) works for me, so I fail to see the cause of your problem. Maybe your original CD is the cause.

Ponch,

Thanks. I thought that was where you were coming from. Did you notice I am running XP x64? I assume you are running a 32 bit OS? Does nuhi see these type of questions? I think if this worked it would make my running of VMware Server easier.

My original CD is an OEM version purchased with my various parts from Newegg.

Thanks, John.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar problem :

My "[Options]" section doesn't contains "CDPromptRemove" and I do not get prompted.

The weird point is that if I set it to "Enabled" and save the preset I'm getting the following :

[Options]

TargetPath = "WINDOWS"

AdvTweaks

And if I set it to "Disabled" :

[Options]

TargetPath = "WINDOWS"

AdvTweaks

CDPromptRemove

I tried the two differents configuration on a VMWare : in both case the prompt is not displayed (which makes the installation impossible to finish unless I remove the CD/ISO).

_Raynor_,

I think the way your "[Options]" section looks is correct. The default is "Enabled" and does not add anything to the preset. When you select "Disabled, then the CDPromptRemove is added to the preset. See mine above.

The interesting thing is you're not getting a prompt, ever. On the side of your post it says OS: XP Pro x86. Is this what you are testing also? Notice I am running XP x64. Have you nLited your source more than once? You should always start with a fresh copy of you CD files/folders.

Enjoy, John.