Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

It does not work with my copy of office2k, keeps asking for serial when my copy doesn't require one (pre-activated).

Since I don't have any original copy of Office2k, support for it is very low. But I can still try to help you. Where do you get prompt for CD key, from the Slipstreamer, or from Office 2000 setup? If from setup, then you need to enter it, since slipstreaming to Office 2k requires creation of administrative install, before slipstream.

Cheers ;)

uh, I do! I have original Office 2000 CD if any of you Office 2k users are using Office 2000 Premium edition. I'll test out the latest available version of Office Slipstreamer with my Office 2k Premium CD since Office Integrator won't support Office 2000 and never will.

unlike Nexus_06's edition of O2k, mine does ask for product key during setup AND is a retail version. could be the way the data.msi file is constructed.

Is there a list for Office2k updates? I have SR-1 and would like to know what updates I need, and if I need client or full?

I can provide you with a list of Office 2000 updates, Nexus_06. email me or send me PM.

====== Post Nº 2 ======

since slipstreaming to Office 2k requires creation of administrative install, before slipstream

I no longer agree with that statement. try doing the slipstream of Office 2000 using handyjap's way:

quote from the old Office 2000 Slipstreaming thread-

DO NOT CREATE AN ADMINISTRATIVE INSTALLATION !!!!!

I tried that to no avail.

Download Administrative Updates for

SR-1a (138MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/off...EN-US/data1.exe

and SR-3 (58MB) http://download.microsoft.com/download/off...-US/o2ksp3a.exe

Copy the contents of the CD's to a directory of choice from now on called <cd>.

Extract the msp files from the Service Release to an directory of choise from now on called <updates>

<service release exe> /T:<updates> /C

Now, SR-1a have to be applied first (so I am a bit over descriptive, bear with me):

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>DATA1.MSI /P <updates>DATA1.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

Then for SR-3, all 3 msp's might have to be applied, depending on the CD and version of Office 2000 you have:

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>DATA1.MSI /P <updates>ARTSP3FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>DATA1.MSI /P <updates>MAINSP3FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

MSIEXEC.EXE /A <cd>DATA1.MSI /P <updates>SP3CD2FF.MSP SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /QB+

There you have it, just completed it as I was typing, hope it works for you too.

Thanks to:

http://www.2link.ca/tips/others/other2.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;257983

Doing the O2k slipstream with Office Slipstreamer didn't quite work the way I want it as Office 2000 setup asks for certain files from the Program Files folder instead of the Pfiles folder when I ran O2k setup. Doing it handyjap's way was far better.

Edited by Yzöwl
Sequential posts Merged again!

• 1 month later...

is there not a Office 2007 stripper.. what i mean by that is.. only install what you want.. and not all the programs ive got all the updates for Office 2007 but i dont need half the programs in there.. want a basic install of excel and word only

ScOOt3r

is there not a Office 2007 stripper.. what i mean by that is.. only install what you want.. and not all the programs ive got all the updates for Office 2007 but i dont need half the programs in there.. want a basic install of excel and word only

ScOOt3r

RTFM dude.... try an Unattended Install .. there is guide here to do an unattended of JUST the stuff you want. You need ORK.exe ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hello, I can not check the option "Direct Slipstream" when trying to add the Office 2007 Professional, I can not add updates or service packs and less extra files, but with Microsoft Office 2003 if I can do it, why?

Ahh, and I tell you, very good version 1.4 of nero 9 lite, for the next version adds Microsoft Visual C + + 2005 SP1 Redistributable to the installation so it is easier and looks better, bye and thanks!

Sorry For My Bad English!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all. I have 1 basic question. Can you continue to apply hotfixes to your slipstreamed source folder?

I'm 99% sure that you can, but I'm just checking.

I just jumped from Office 2000 to 2003, and this program worked like a charm. Thanks, mara-. I plan to check out your Office Integrator project.

Edited by PVU

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just came across Slipstreamer and thought I'd use to make an up-to-date Office 2000 disc. I think there are about 50 updates since SP3 so it would be a great timesaver. Unfortunately, I have failed to make it work. I think the problem is that my O2K CD is a very early one before SR1. Slipstreamer works nicely and applies SR1 but I can't take the administrative installation it created and create a new one with SP3 and the subsequent updates. I also tried putting SR1 and SP3 in the box separated by a | in the same way as the updates are added. I did double check the product key.

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance.

Log files attached

Test1.txt

Test2.txt

• 1 month later...

I just came across Slipstreamer and thought I'd use to make an up-to-date Office 2000 disc. I think there are about 50 updates since SP3 so it would be a great timesaver. Unfortunately, I have failed to make it work. I think the problem is that my O2K CD is a very early one before SR1. Slipstreamer works nicely and applies SR1 but I can't take the administrative installation it created and create a new one with SP3 and the subsequent updates. I also tried putting SR1 and SP3 in the box separated by a | in the same way as the updates are added. I did double check the product key.

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance.

Log files attached

I have the same problem. Any hint how to solve this?