Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Looking into pro11.msi generated with officeIntegrator and OfficeSlipstreamer I noticed thar the first creates a new table with reg values to insert, and the second creates am external reg file and a custom action to do start the regedit command.

I think the first is a cleaner solution...

Thank you Nexus_06

Than you all

Is it possible to shrink this as we used to do with office shrinker?

Thanks

I don't see why not. Actually using Direct Integration methods should allow for better Shrinkage as well. :)

Keep us posted on your findings.

Shrinkage could possibly be a feature in the future of the OI. But I'm not making any promisses yet. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This just doesnt work for me... It slipstreams the patches but then when I install Office it asks me to add all the patches again via Windows Update. I re-did my MST files for my install but it still does the same thing. Anyone else?

I'm posting Czech language file, first version.

oQ

Thanks.

This just doesnt work for me... It slipstreams the patches but then when I install Office it asks me to add all the patches again via Windows Update. I re-did my MST files for my install but it still does the same thing. Anyone else?

Hm, that's very strange. I thought I fixed the problem. Which Office do you use? Also, you should try with the tool here.

Cheers ;)

is there some guide that explains a little more what can do with this program?

What's the difference between admin slipstream and direct slipstream?

There is no guide. But, Admin slipstream is designed by Microsoft and in this process it expands all cabs taking more space and then you can do slipstream. Direct Slipstream will update your office and re-compress your cabs so you will get same size and same structure as original disc.

Cheers ;)

For the updates I can't delete a single update but the button 'delete all' works. Can I choose for all the Office updates the switch /qn? (Just silently and no screen)

What can I do to have a working cd, slipstream with your tool to update until now and after that working with ork.exe to create an unattended install or first work with ork.exe and then slipstream?

Edited by Kingskawn

For the updates I can't delete a single update but the button 'delete all' works. Can I choose for all the Office updates the switch /qn? (Just silently and no screen)

What can I do to have a working cd, slipstream with your tool to update until now and after that working with ork.exe to create an unattended install or first work with ork.exe and then slipstream?

You don't add updates on chain install tab. On Slipstream tab, fourth button is for adding updates (hotfixes), and you use chain install for some additional installs, like File Formats for Office 2003. You should read help file, everything is explained there. I suggest that your work with ork.exe after slipstream.

Cheers ;)

You don't add updates on chain install tab. On Slipstream tab, fourth button is for adding updates (hotfixes), and you use chain install for some additional installs, like File Formats for Office 2003. You should read help file, everything is explained there. I suggest that your work with ork.exe after slipstream.

Cheers ;)

But if I add updates in the hotfixes button, it's 1 at the time. I can't give a whole list of updates?

I'll look in the help file

EDIT: Ok, found it and it's running now as 'admin slipstream'

Edited by Kingskawn

Cheers ;)

But if I add updates in the hotfixes button, it's 1 at the time. I can't give a whole list of updates?

I'll look in the help file

EDIT: Ok, found it and it's running now as 'admin slipstream'

You can select more updates, but all of hotfixes must be in same folder so you can select more of it.

Cheers ;)

I've got also proofing tools to install. As I understand, I can install it with the tab "chained install" but my command is "MsiExec.exe /qb!- /i PTK.MSI TARGETDIR=C:"

How do I include that?

Under switch, choose Custom, and then type your switch manually.

Cheers ;)