Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Did you before use Office Slipstreamer to slipstream to that Office XP. If yes, that can be the cause. In previous versions of the Slipstreamer, I used custom Setup.exe to launch original Setup.exe

That was it. Worked!

thanks!

Did you before use Office Slipstreamer to slipstream to that Office XP. If yes, that can be the cause. In previous versions of the Slipstreamer, I used custom Setup.exe to launch original Setup.exe

That was it. Worked!

thanks!

Great, I'm glad that problem is solved.

Cheers ;)

Hi mara-, Italian translation updated for v1.7.x.

italian.zip

Tested v1.7.2. (MSO 2003 PRO + SP3 + updates list + 09/09/2008 updates), in direct slipstream + my TRANSFORM.MST, and I'm having two little problems:

1) missing HOTFIXES.REG in local MSOCACHE, generating a REGEDIT error: Failed to import file X:\MSOCACHE\....\SETUP\hotfixes.reg (manually added)

2) WU missing Hotfixes: KB955434 (OLK FLT, 08/12/2008 UPDATE), KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 UPDATE) and KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 UPDATE).

2008_09_10_17.49.11_log.zip

Ciao :hello:

Lions

Hi mara-, Italian translation updated for v1.7.x.

italian.zip

Thanks.

Tested v1.7.2. (MSO 2003 PRO + SP3 + updates list + 09/09/2008 updates), in direct slipstream + my TRANSFORM.MST, and I'm having two little problems:

1) missing HOTFIXES.REG in local MSOCACHE, generating a REGEDIT error: Failed to import file X:\MSOCACHE\....\SETUP\hotfixes.reg (manually added)

Well, hotfixes.reg is not designed to be in local cache. When this failure happens. During install? Or when you try to launch something from cache?

2) WU missing Hotfixes: KB955434 (OLK FLT, 08/12/2008 UPDATE), KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 UPDATE) and KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 UPDATE).

Ciao :hello:

Lions

You mean, that those hotfixes are not on the list, or? From the log I see that you did not integrate it, so you probably mean on the list of updates?

Cheers ;)

Hello mara-

Unfortunately, I'm back. I just downloaded the latest fixes from MS, and version 1.7.2 of the slipstreamer.

It doesn't work for me.

I've attached the log file. Everything looks just fine there to me, but the final folder (and iso) doesn't have new cab files, rather the old ones. The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

My suspicion is that you are creating the new cab's and then not copying them from temp back to the destination folder. But you know more about this than I do. What else can I provide you to help troubleshoot this problem.

You should still have the S&T source.

Thanks

-marsha

log.zip

Edited by Marsha

I did an Office 2003 installation with SP3 only (no hot fixes) to see want hot fixes I needed. MS update came back with 15 critical hot fixes. I did an admin Slipstream of Office 2003 using version 1.7.1 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes. I used the new CD to update the prior office installation. MS Update says I still need the 15 updates.

I uninstalled Office and then installed it with the same new CD. MS Update is happy – no updates available. So it appears that the new hot fixes do not get installed, or at least the registry does not get updated, when the slipstreamed CD is used to update a prior Office installation.

I did the same thing with Office 2007 Pro Plus SP1 and have the same exact problem. The only difference is that 2007 has 12 hot fixes.

Hello mara-

Unfortunately, I'm back. I just downloaded the latest fixes from MS, and version 1.7.2 of the slipstreamer.

It doesn't work for me.

I've attached the log file. Everything looks just fine there to me, but the final folder (and iso) doesn't have new cab files, rather the old ones. The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

My suspicion is that you are creating the new cab's and then not copying them from temp back to the destination folder. But you know more about this than I do. What else can I provide you to help troubleshoot this problem.

You should still have the S&T source.

Thanks

-marsha

I did an Office 2003 installation with SP3 only (no hot fixes) to see want hot fixes I needed. MS update came back with 15 critical hot fixes. I did an admin Slipstream of Office 2003 using version 1.7.1 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes. I used the new CD to update the prior office installation. MS Update says I still need the 15 updates.

I uninstalled Office and then installed it with the same new CD. MS Update is happy – no updates available. So it appears that the new hot fixes do not get installed, or at least the registry does not get updated, when the slipstreamed CD is used to update a prior Office installation.

I did the same thing with Office 2007 Pro Plus SP1 and have the same exact problem. The only difference is that 2007 has 12 hot fixes.

OK, guys, I'll check this tomorrow. It late here now. :zzz:

Cheers ;)