Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Finally got a chance to try your work mara-, and I am very pleased. Thanks for your contribution :thumbup .

Here's my report;

Tested Slipstreamer v1.7 Beta 5 on my home PC - XP Pro SP3 with my OEM version of Office XP - SBE and selected the setup.exe directly from the CD, choose a destination and made sure the M$ Office Interop Infopath Semitrust dll option was checked (I don't what it is for, but it doesn't sound harmful.).

I selected OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe (from M$) and used a hotpack called SOI_Office10_PostSP3_HotPack_enu_0817.7z. which can be found here. (from another forum that is currently down due to hosting problems - I'll post a link to the forum topic (if you think it is needed) when the site is back up.). See the attached (renamed) log for details.

Selected Start and let it go. After about 45 minutes it was complete - no errors, great :D .

Selected Create ISO and got an ISO the same size as my original source, wow :w00t: .

Used VirtualBox 1.6.4 and an already activated Virtual Machine with XP Pro SP2 to do a custom install using the ISO just created. I don't use Publisher and I disable the speech settings under Excel and Shared Components. Checked OU - no updates :D . Checked MU -KB885884 needed, which is a XP Pro SP2 issue.

All this brings me to a suggestion and a couple of questions.

Suggestion: Why not make the Create ISO a simple check box option and eliminate the "which button do I push 1st" problem?

Questions: 1. What does the M$ Office Interop Infopath Semitrust dll option do? (to lazy right now to do the research)

2. (and more importantly) I had quite some trouble trying to test my ISO because the VM is old (April 08) and I needed all kinds of OS updates. I updated to SP3 and for some reason lost my OS activation. Luckily I had a backup and only updated SP2 stuff afterwards, activated Office and then was able to check OU and MU. Is there a way to check for OU and/or MU updates without having the product activated? I still need to test an unattended install of Office (if it can be done with a OEM version).

removed log file

Edited by hoofdy-do

Well, that are great news. Thanks for detail report. I'll take your suggestion, but I'll add it for 1.7.1 version, because I want to have stable version before I change anything. Till now there is only one bug, reported by schakan, and it seems that I can not find others, which is also a good news.

1. You can read about InfoPath fix in help file (section Troubleshoot), but this fix does not affect your version, only Office 2003 Professional.

2. Maybe there is some hack for this, but probably not legal. You'll have to find it out yourself, since non-legal stuffs are not allowed on this forum.

Cheers ;)

Hi hoofdy-do,

M$ has build two images for the test of the new IE thats should help also to test your Office builds.

You can download the Images for Virtual PC (also a free product from M$) from the microsoft download center

or some other locations.

If you use the follow search expression "Internet Explorer Application Compatibility VPC Image" you can find there some images with Windows XP and also one with vista.

Maybe it will be help

Hi hoofdy-do,

M$ has build two images for the test of the new IE thats should help also to test your Office builds.

You can download the Images for Virtual PC (also a free product from M$) from the microsoft download center

or some other locations.

If you use the follow search expression "Internet Explorer Application Compatibility VPC Image" you can find there some images with Windows XP and also one with vista.

Maybe it will be help

Thanks dkl42. I actually forgot about the free images M$ has available. I stopped using VPC and opted for VirtualBox when testing unattended installs of XP because it runs so much faster. I'll give your suggestion a try, since I don't need to do as many tests with my Office builds as I do with my XP builds.

Guest usuario

SP3 Direct Slipstream not working on my Office 2k3 Enterprise - RTM Version (PT-BR) :(

2r61m6h.jpg

v1.7 Final

Edited by usuario

It's not working because applying MAINSP3.msp from SP3 failed. You probably did not type your CD key correctly. Next time, upload log file located in root folder of the Slipstreamer.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

sory if this has been answered before. I searched the thread and did not find it.

I downloaded X12-30307.exe from MS, since I prefer having Office 2007 Ultimate on my HD then on DVD.

If I choose the .exe directly, slipstreamer gives me an error...

If I unpack the .exe and get all the files, I choose the setup.exe, but it then failsbecause it says that it cannot find setup.ini.

This file does not exist on the file I mentioned.

Any ideas?

I just could get the dvd and make an iso out of that, but I was just curious on my this doesn't work.

thanks

Hi mara-

Have now tested 1.7 final and everything was perfect with my setup:

O2003 Pro Swe, admin install from HD, ChainInstall, Unattended and with no updates from MS Update.

Great work mara-.

Thanks

Hakan :thumbup

Thanks, great news. But it would be great that you test Direct Method which was the main thing for this release.

Updated Portuguese (Brazilian) translation and one more place that can't be translated (i didn't notice this before :whistle:).

Thanks for the update. Yes I know about that untranslatable things. I'm not sure if I can make it translatable, but I'll try.

sory if this has been answered before. I searched the thread and did not find it.

I downloaded X12-30307.exe from MS, since I prefer having Office 2007 Ultimate on my HD then on DVD.

If I choose the .exe directly, slipstreamer gives me an error...

If I unpack the .exe and get all the files, I choose the setup.exe, but it then failsbecause it says that it cannot find setup.ini.

This file does not exist on the file I mentioned.

Any ideas?

I just could get the dvd and make an iso out of that, but I was just curious on my this doesn't work.

thanks

Can you tell me which error Slipstreamer give when you directly select exe file?

For the other thing you tried: You can not use programs like 7-zip to extract files, you need to use Microsoft commands. Example:

"D:\Downloads\Programs\ X12-30307.exe" /extract:"c:\off2007"

Cheers ;)

EDIT:

@gabito

I just downloaded Office 2007 Ultimate (X12-30307.exe) and tested with Slipstreamer. I chose X12-30307.exe directly and it works like a charm, no any error. I don't know why you are having the problem. I would really like to know what error are you getting?

Edited by mara-

Using Office XP, I clicked on the office SETUP.EXE and got "File you [have] chosen is not Office Setup file."

Anyone else get that?

BTW for office XP users here is a link to Office XP hotfixes.

Hm, that is strange. I just tried to load my Office XP and I did not get that error. Did you before use Office Slipstreamer to slipstream to that Office XP. If yes, that can be the cause. In previous versions of the Slipstreamer, I used custom Setup.exe to launch original Setup.exe and to merge reg keys for hotfixes. If this is a case, just replace problematic setup.exe with setup.exe located in folder FILES\SETUP of your Office. If this is not a case, open Properties of problematic Setup.exe and tell me what is written under "File version" and under "Description." BTW, thanks for grammar correction.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-