Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Hello,

i have a setup.ini modified to install my office in silent with the mst but the new setup.exe of slipstreamer detect custom install, can i bypass this ?

Thanks

If you launch new setup.exe with some silent switch it should bypass it. If not, wait till next beta since I'll not replace original setup anymore. I found better way.

Cheers ;)

ok, i test setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf

thanks

Hello,

i have a setup.ini modified to install my office in silent with the mst but the new setup.exe of slipstreamer detect custom install, can i bypass this ?

Thanks

If you launch new setup.exe with some silent switch it should bypass it. If not, wait till next beta since I'll not replace original setup anymore. I found better way.

Cheers ;)

ok, i test setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf

thanks

I have test it, with setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf it's OKKKKKK

Thought I would try this out, as this was exactly what I've been looking for (especially the direct slipstream)...

Seem to have run into a little snag...

Here's how I set things up:

Product Used: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003

Service Pack Used: Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe

Method: Direct Slipstream

(ISO created and burned after completed.)

Anyway, just about halfway throught the install I receive a message:

Error 1334. The file

'mso.acl.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9' cannot be

installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file

'A3561405.CAB'. This could indicate a network error, an error

reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Current Action:

Copyint new files

Copying file: MSO.ACL

I didn't receive any errors during the slipstream, and checked the log after, and saw nothing in there to indicate any problems. Everything runs fine up to that point...any suggestions? I may try running it again, or creating another slipstream image and test in the meantime...

log.txt

Edited by buggyman

I did try again. Went through the entire process over again. Burned to a new CD. Tried install again, and received the same error at the same point. I know the CD's are good, the original Office 2003 CD is good (have installed from this previously a number of times) and drive is good sice I've never had an issue with any discs before on it. I suppose I could try this on another PC to rule out the machine as the issue...but again, never had any other trouble in the past...

OK, I just done my test and no problem. I done test with upcoming beta which have slight modification to Direct Slipstream. Do you want to test it? I'll PM you if you want to test.

Cheers ;)

Sure I'd be happy to test it out and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Update: After direct slipstream with the test release everything turned out fine. Thanks mara- :thumbup

Edited by buggyman

Morning ladies and gentlemen. May I start with saying thanks @mara- for creating this awesome tool!

I took this quote from the first post of this thread.

List of updates for making your Office 2003 System fully updated [download links included] (List will be added soon) :

Of course I have a wish... I would be very grateful if You would post such a list.

Big thanks in advance

SwedenXP B)

Edited by SwedenXP

Beta 4 is out.

Morning ladies and gentlemen. May I start with saying thanks @mara- for creating this awesome tool!

I took this quote from the first post of this thread.

List of updates for making your Office 2003 System fully updated [download links included] (List will be added soon) :

Of course I have a wish... I would be very grateful if You would post such a list.

Big thanks in advance

SwedenXP B)

I'll try to add it today. If I don't do it today, I'll add it tomorrow for sure.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

For Office 2003 you need SP3 and the following Hot Fixes for an up to date installation. MS has revised KB948988 since its Aug 12, 2008 release, without changing the file name.

KB907417

KB921598

KB943649

KB943973

KB945185

KB945432

KB947355

KB948988

KB950213

KB951548

KB953432

KB954464

KB955434

KB955439

I miss 2 hotfixes in the list above:

KB943452 seems still to be valid for the Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish and Swedish editions.

KB950241 has not been replaced what I can see (but maybe I'm wrong).

Cheers :blink: