Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

I am trying to slipstream Office 2003. With version 1.6, after browsing to setup.exe, the Location for the Admin Install Browse Button goes from gray to available. With version 1.7 b2, the destination folder Browse Button just stays grayed out forever making the program unusable.

I am trying to slipstream Office 2003. With version 1.6, after browsing to setup.exe, the Location for the Admin Install Browse Button goes from gray to available. With version 1.7 b2, the destination folder Browse Button just stays grayed out forever making the program unusable.

Yeah I know, it's fixed for next beta. If you use your CD as source, button will be grayed out.

Cheers ;)

With version 1.7 beta 3 and Office 2003, the destination folder Browse Button still stays grayed out. I am doing the exact same thing that worked with version 1.6.2. I go back to version 1.6.2 and it still works.

Swedish translation attached.

Cheers :sneaky:

Thanks.

With version 1.7 beta 3 and Office 2003, the destination folder Browse Button still stays grayed out. I am doing the exact same thing that worked with version 1.6.2. I go back to version 1.6.2 and it still works.

Where are the files you are selecting located? CD or HDD. To make it easier and better for me, select your setup file and close Slipstreamer. Copy paste text from log here. Thanks.

Cheers ;)

OK, thanks for the logs. You are correct, problem still exist. I'll change this way completely for next beta. It will be not important if files are located on CD or HDD, but destination folder will always be needed. Until I fix this you can do what I already suggested. If you have files on CD select it from there and button will be grayed out.

About KB948988: That is probably some problem with Microsoft Update. Check if registry entries are present for this hotfix in hotfixes.reg which is located in folder FILES/SETUP of your CD. Also, you could go to Office Update and see if it report that hotfix as needed. Also, I have read somewhere that Microsoft Update is showing KB945432 as needed but it is replaced with newer hotfix. Did you maybe write wrong hotfix here?

Cheers ;)

Hello,

i have a setup.ini modified to install my office in silent with the mst but the new setup.exe of slipstreamer detect custom install, can i bypass this ?

Thanks

If you launch new setup.exe with some silent switch it should bypass it. If not, wait till next beta since I'll not replace original setup anymore. I found better way.

Cheers ;)