Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

It can be done manually but is is VERY tedious. I had hoped that someone who is familair with Slipstreamer could explain how to automate the process. I think I could write a batch file but that is almost as tedious as doing it entirely manually.

Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am new here and i'm from Greece so i'm sorry for the mistakes there might be:$...

I want to slipstream some updates to MS office 2007 with "Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4".

I downloaded 47 updates with "wsusoffline651", but when i tried to browse them with the slipstreamer i could select only the 19 of them....

I noticed that i could select only updates with specified name (eg. *kb*fullfile*.exe*) but the most of them have name such as

"ndp20sp1-kb953300-v2-x86_b19b1a3f0ff00153e0ee2a71f6707803ef482046" or "ndp20sp2-kb971111-x86_9bc3ccd477d035f9278d93df9f8c8543c156b2ca",

I have attached a photo to see the names of the updates which wsusoffline651 downloaded, can someone help me?

windowsupdates.jpg

post-290970-127273881805_thumb.jpg

ndp files belong to the .NET Framework and have little to do with the Office package. You can't and shouldn't try to slipstream them.

Thank you very much!!!

The Office Slipstreamer is obsolete. Try the Office Integrator: http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/

Also, .NET Framework can be slipstreamed into XP using the RyanVM Integrator - same location as above and info at: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/

Is the Office Integrator better than the Office slipstreamer?? What differences do they have?? I tried the office slipstreamer and it worked fine.....

Edited by nekiman

Better is a relative term and only you can decide that.

The slipstreamer is not being updated, the Office Integrator is. That's the reason to use it.

Ok!! thank you!!

The slipstreamer is not being updated, the Office Integrator is. That's the reason to use it.

But, as I understand it, Office Integrator doesn't support Office 2000, which was my original concern.

Bill.

But, as I understand it, Office Integrator doesn't support Office 2000, which was my original concern.

Bill.

You may want to use it for Office 2000 and is does work for that just fine but the person responsible for the Office Slipstreamer has mentioned somewhere in these postings that he has shifted his expertise to the Office Integrator and the Slipstreamer as is is the end of it.

• 8 months later...
Does Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer work on Office 2010?
The "slipstream" method for both Office 2007 and Office 2010 involves simply copying the contents of the CD (all of it) to a predefined folder, extracting all MSP files to the "Updates" folder (it's within the copied CD folder), and re-burning. This is the method currently used by the SlipStreamer for Office 2007. There is no "direct integration" option as this capability has been removed by MS (so far...).

Here (right on the first page) is the explanation of Office 2007. Office 2010 has not been added and, if added, would undoubtedly work the same.

HTH

p.s. Only the MSP's are necessary; all other files are ignored. In addition, they are installed in order by FileName. Just run (from a CMD window) one with "/?' to get the extract command. It appears that some fixes don't contain MSP files and may need "chained" (not sure how yet...).

Edited by submix8c

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Put it this way, I'm glad its free. This software would have to be up there with the worst and shittiest freeware ever developed. It hangs and does nothing. Only Office Integrator tops this in the most fucked software stakes.

Edited by Coconutdog