Edit sysprep.ini before mini setup

Hi everyone

My situation at the moment is that we will be ordering around 100 Dells at the beginning of next year. We will be giving the sysprep image to dell for them to load on at the factory. The computer names in our organisation are based on user ID numbers. When we get the computer here what I would like to do is read the serial number (asset tag) off the box and add it to a txt file. Then plug it in and turn it on and before the computer runs the mini setup (or during I don’t care) it needs to look up the serial number for the computer in the text file on a network drive and return the correct user id and edit the sysprep.ini with this computer name.

I know I could do this If I was doing it straight after imaging using WinPE but because dell are doing the imaging I don’t know how I can run anything before sysprep is run. Also to get the serial number I need to be able to make WMI calls don’t know if this is possible before or during sysprep.

I have browsed through the forums and have seen some mention wsname and compname but I would like to rename and connect using the sysprep mini setup if possible.

Also someone has mentioned using the factory option of sysprep but I don’t know how this would work in my situation.

Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.