Poll: Favorite XP visual style?

flarn2006

Favorite XP Visual Style  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite XP visual style, i.e. the one you use the most?

• Luna (XP default)
    • Windows Classic
    • Royale (including variants)
    • Other (third-party)

For me personally I like the modified version (ie finished) version of Royale-Noir. I even quite like the orange/black of zune (but it gets a bit much after a while). On older machines I work on I always set it to Windows classic for best performance though.

I've been using one called VistaCG. I've tried many Vista-like styles but nothing compares to this one--not because it replicates Vista, but because it's just right. There are a few minor bugs but they can be overlooked.

Link: http://spaceqcg.deviantart.com/art/VistaCG...terial-42413053.

This one is 1.40. There is also 1.41 but there's some bug that I don't like in it.

Edited by spacesurfer

LE4 (modified) is one of my favorites.

Given only the originally installed options, definately Windows classic. Luna, to me, still looks like "My First Operating System".

(My apologies to those who may not remember Sony's "My First..." line of products--but they were electronics marketed for use by smaller children with oversized multi-colored buttons and knobs).

Edited by TheFlash428

LE4 (modified) is one of my favorites.

Given only the originally installed options, definately Windows classic. Luna, to me, still looks like "My First Operating System".

(My apologies to those who may not remember Sony's "My First..." line of products--but they were electronics marketed for use by smaller children with oversized multi-colored buttons and knobs).

Although I passed on the visual style, I love the logon screen. I have started using it as my screen!

There are so many good logon screens but almost all use the typical XP Kiddie colored shut down and arrow button. This one is great because the shutdown button matches the background and is polished.

Actually, there are a lot of themes I like, but i haven't a favourite one.

Default themes (especially Luna Metallic and Royale Noir) are nice but after a long time I become bored of them.

So I started making my own visual style (link in the signature).

Excluding my own custom styles, the one I like most between customs is the Luna Element 5.0.5 Black (which still has a noir feeling, 5.1 is more like Zune).

Edited by Smiley89

Actually, there are a lot of themes I like, but i haven't a favourite one.

Default themes (especially Luna Metallic and Royale Noir) are nice but after a long time I become bored of them.

So I started making my own visual style (link in the signature).

Excluding my own custom styles, the one I like most between customs is the Luna Element 5.0.5 Black (which still has a noir feeling, 5.1 is more like Zune).

I love your metallic themes, the colors. but what I don't like is the ugly xp shapes. could you not redo all the button shapes (start button, maximize, close, restore, etc) buttons to a more refined vista-like or any decent ones; not like the kiddy look of xp?

then your themes would look great and I'd be very tempted to change mine.

• 1 month later...