FindeXer undew Win9x

I'm messing arround with my windows 98SE install and got to my XP partition, very funny, found some unused FindeXer files.

I wanted to register it, but it comes with "win98 doesn't support regsvr from command line", so needed to copy regsvr32.exe from system to it's local folder.

now, it comes with "runtime error in LoadLibrary (0), missing library files needed". I read readme.txt and it needs Visual Studio 2005 runtimes, I downloaded and installed then, but problem persists.

i'm not a great programmer, neither know how to track a program's processes. Can you tell me which files are missing?

the FindeXer folder is alright.

-------------

P.D.: for someone who doesn't know what's FindeXer:

findexbar_thumb.jpg

DOWNLOAD VIA AUTHORS HOMEPAGE

/post

Edited by eXtremeDX

:whistle: You can ReRun Auto-Patcher as often as Necessary(i run it 2x-weekly to keep files on 98SE from getting corrupted!) as it helps with any incomplete files....***Maybe try to defrag Hdd drive to be sure files are not too fragmented as this happens on my 98SE and W2k on same Hdd with a 1mb safety partition between the different Operating Systems...*FindeXer=Never heard of this but will check out it at it's download site. :sneaky: ***Checked it out -it's still in Developement stages=Version1.1/update#3 and not yet classed as Final or ReleaseCandidate so it may need some "self-tweaking" to work correct on your 98SE!<If it'll work on 98SE?>-This is for XP ONLY if i understand the readme files correctly? :rolleyes: Edited by thydreamwalker

Considering it needs the VS2005 files, it will probably require KEx, though another topic recently teaches of another method to get those working using PE-editor or something...

To really detect missing library files and/or imports, though, you should check out "Dependency Walker". It gives you a complete list of static imports used by any executable or library. It won't give you dynamic imports, unfortunately, but those are far rarer, and usually come around when they are optional, not required.

Running DEPEND on the file FINDEXER.DLL shows that it calls for GDIPLUS.DLL and UXTHEME.DLL.

GPIPLUSS.DLL will work under Windows 98/ME, as long as it is installed in the application's directory.

UXTHEME.DLL i don't think runs under Windows 98

"Dependency Walker". It gives you a complete list of static imports used by any executable or library. It won't give you dynamic imports, unfortunately
Actually it can, using the 'profile' option.