NT4 Server

Please bear with me as i a total newbie when it comes to servers. I have recently been given a old server that has WinNT4 Server.

I want to know if it can be made to share my internet conection. I know I have to pop in another NIC so that there is one for the incoming Internet connection, and one for my LAN.

It's current internal LAN is set to 10.x.x.x

Can I simply configure a router to the same 10.x.x.x and have the router do all the work? Will it work this way? Or do I have to let the server handle it?

Any help would be great

Thankyou for your time.

Edited by sailorsonic

Can I simply configure a router (preferably a good one) to the same 10.x.x.x and have the router do all the work?

Yes. The router will handle NAT and everything else you need for internet sharing just fine all by itself. No need for that NT4 box at all, but if you insist on keeping the NT4 box for other stuff, just give it a static IP (I'd sooner stick Linux on it personally, if the hardware is even worth keeping around/not just wasting electricity, NT4 is just too dated IMO).

Then again, some people would just stick linux or BSD on the old NT4 box and use that as a router...