Xp System Restore

maizenbluedoc

I posted earlier that after I atempted to download SP3 twice without success after getting the following message after about 90% download: access denied. I subsequently downloaded the Xp SP3 blocker. My problem, every time I shut down my PC, I am unable to access the internet. If I do a system restore, everything works well. Any suggestions why this is happening and how to repair the problem? I should add that this problem occurred after the second (and last) SP3 download attempt. The problem is very annoying, to say the least.

sounds like the system is losing its IP address. However, we would need more details on how your system is connected and its settings while it IS working. then compare when the system is not.

I'm sorry I am not sufficiently computer savvy to provide the additional information, but I have discovered one aspect: when I download Microsoft Security Updates, the same problem occurs. I cannot access AOL, Opera, or Firefox unless I perform a system restore prior to the download. Once I do a system restore, the problem is resolved.