Please report the bugs found in XPize and Vize

Happy-Dude

Heya guys!!

Alright, the XPize and Vize projects are getting together quiet nicely. Since we are working on XPize first, I need to know some bugs that are found in the software.

In our CodePlex page (which is not yet public), I am putting together bug reports, feature requests, and tasks.

So, how about it? Please report your bugs here (so we can fix the software and improve upon it :) ) !!!!

BUGS:

XPize

-Some eratic problems with SP3 compatibility (W3bbo is even considering to add XPx64 compatibility :) )

-Shell32.dll Reloader bug (dunno if we can fix)

-Compatibility with PowerDVD

-Visual Studio 2003 .NET compatibility

-compatibility with some explorer.exe resources

-compatibility with Asian languages pack and memory allocation

-supporting the older code branch (4.7b and before) and .NET (.1a) or manipulating them together

-uninstall fails to completely restore original visual settings (like icon sizes)

-compatibility issue with Stardock ---> DO NOT install XPize if stardock is installed

Vize

**Plenty of problems reported by Long Zheng's UI Taskforce (http://www.istartedsomething.com/taskforce/), many of which Vize attends to. However, they are definitely more that needs to get by. Anyone know which ones? (I don't run Vista, so I don't know a lot here -_- ).

-%ProgramFiles% or spaces in path bug (this is fixed in doomangel's KDE patcher, which is a project based on the Vize code)

Edited by Happy-Dude

The %ProgramFiles% or spaces in path Vize bug (I think the KDE patcher has fixed this bug)

i'm working on it rick, cmd patchers i made are patching succesfully these path. I'll consider adding a batch script for those files if i can't solve this with vize code.

oh, and i do have a codeplex account, actualy i made one as soon as you mentioned codeplex, with the username doomangel