Old XP Home CD + SP2 CD + SP3

jim5555

:blink: This is my first post here, so here goes.

Can I use nLite to make a slipstream CD using the following:

- Pre SP1, full Windows XP Home CD

- SP2 CD

- And a download of SP3

Can you include two Service Packs in a single slipstream CD? or would it be

safer to just slipstream Windows XP Home and SP2, and then do a standard

Windows Update for SP3?

Thank you. :hello:

Hi emgee1465, Thank you, but I'm not sure of that do to a article I read on Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows:

Q: Does SP3 include everything from SP1 and SP2 or do I need to install those first?

A: Though XP SP3 aggregates all of the previously-released XP fixes, Microsoft now says that you will need to install at least SP1 on XP before installing SP3. The company recommends installing SP2 first as well, though that is not required.

And this from Microsoft TechNet:

General Requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To install SP3, your computer must meet the hardware and operating system requirements listed below. In addition, your computer must at least be running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 installed.

We recommended that you have Service Pack 2 installed before installing SP3. You can download Service Pack 2 at the Windows XP Service Pack 2 website.

Hardware requirements

To install SP3 on a single computer, your computer must have a CD-ROM drive and at least the following:

A 233 megahertz (MHz) processor

64 megabytes (MB) of RAM

900 MB of available disk space during installation

But with that aside, can you make a slipstream Windows XP CD with multiple Service Packs?

Again, Thank you very much.

Microsoft now says that you will need to install at least SP1 on XP before installing SP3. The company recommends installing SP2 first as well, though that is not required.

You need at least SP1 installed in order to install SP3 on a working install of XP. If you are going to slipstream it onto a CD, you do NOT need to slipsteam any other service pack at all. You can take an original XP CD from 2001, copy it to your hard drive and slipsteam SP3 to it, and you can make a working install CD from that.

But with that aside, can you make a slipstream Windows XP CD with multiple Service Packs?

Possibly, google "XP powerpacker"