[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

#radix: glad to see it's mostly working. The shortcuts are created using vbscript, not any easier or harder than inf, the problem is getting the uninstaller (mozilla) to delete them. I will look closely at exactly which (paths) shortcuts are being created.

Edited by Jonnyboy82

Thank you very much Appreciate that

Try it again, I can't get the same error. It is hard for me to use the hebrew version of windows. But, I am working through it.

Also, as of yet. I can not create the 'Pinned' shortcuts in Hebrew, yet. I will need to get the language pack mui file and find the needed strings. Even then, I do not know that I can create them. I'll try.

I'll use b4 it good also

Thank tou very much

I have 3 user scripts for greasemonkey, but only the first folder (in alphabetical order) from gm_scripts is included in the installer. Also, not all files from that folder were included and config.xml file from the root of gm_scripts is almost empty.

I have 3 user scripts for greasemonkey, but only the first folder (in alphabetical order) from gm_scripts is included in the installer. Also, not all files from that folder were included and config.xml file from the root of gm_scripts is almost empty.

What are the names of the folders that are not being copied? The config.xml is most likely being re-written on first run and removing references that do not exist.

The error could be a couple of things, the copy is not copying all subfolders or the subfolders have names that are being restricted.

google_book_downloader

rapidshare_links_checker

the_cavern_links_checker

Only the first folder is created, but with a single file.

config.xml has this code:

<UserScriptConfig>
</UserScriptConfig>

I have finished the UI for FFaM v.9b1. If you have a little free time, please download and try to make it throw an exception or error. I think everything works except creating the installer.

I am open to suggestions on improving the UI. It is written in C# and requires .Net 2.0 and as all .Net apps, it's a little slow to open.

downloadiu.png

MD5: 7F3DD12BCA3FB267E2BF1ADDB82C550B

File size: 1.34MB

The changelog has not been written.

Edited by Jonnyboy82

The interface won't start in Windows 7 x86 SP1 eng., so I close FFaM.exe process from task manager and use the extracted FFaM.exe. The prog run in 3-4 seconds. Did the program write it's own settings in registry, because I saw that after deletion, the new extracted exe remember the old settings (nothing found in users profile folders).

The interface won't start in Windows 7 x86 SP1 eng., so I close FFaM.exe process from task manager and use the extracted FFaM.exe. The prog run in 3-4 seconds. Did the program write it's own settings in registry, because I saw that after deletion, the new extracted exe remember the old settings (nothing found in users profile folders).

They are saved in "C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Local\Microsoft", not the registry. That is the default location for user.config, that is built into all C# and VB apps.

So, the file FFaMv.9b1.exe would not run on x86?

Edited by Jonnyboy82

It works. I've tested in virtual machines with xp and 7 x86 and x64. In the host I have 7 sp1 x86. I guess it's a conflict with VS2010 ultimate.

Edited by radix

• 4 months later...

FFaM v0.9.0.2 posted

Hello all!!

Long time, no here. I finally finished with my classes and had a little time to work on this the last couple of days. I know, it was supposed to be done before Christmas. Sorry, this was the best that I could do.

I am posting the current file on my sourceforge. Be warned, it is not 100% done, but it is very close. A few things that do not work, yet.

1) Flash and Shockwave will not install.

2) The shortcuts will not be created.

3) It may only install into the default location.

4) The app is missing alot of error catching routines. I am very new to C# and do not know how to use it very well. So, you may get an "unhandled exception" or some other fatal error. If you do, please screenshot it and post it for me. Then, I can fix it.

To finish these few items, I need to set up a some VM 's to test the installs on. This was written and tested on 1 Win7 x64 system.

Please test and post any bugs. The app requires .Net 3.5. Sorry, but I could not get everything working properly in .Net 2.0.

Thank you all,

~jonnyboy

Changelog

Edited by Jonnyboy82

I need a little help.

The old links for Adobe Flash Installer have been removed and replaced with these links.

In my app, I would like to verify the MD5 hashes of the downloaded files. Now, to my question. Does anyone know where I can find a link for the MD5 hashes, posted by Adobe?

Anyone??