[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

As proposed by Stoner81, I am attaching the log file of an offline procedure of creating an nLite add-on for Firefox 3.0.10. Hope it helps.

Edit (a month later): Any ideas?

I'm not sure on where the author of this application has gone, sorry dude!

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
I have not been able to work on this for some time. now. I have not had any internet for a few months, but I should have by the end of the week.

I will work on this and post an update, soon.

~Jonnyboy

waiting for the 3.5 :)

As I noticed after a new install, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.12 (created with this tool) was installed in a folder named "Firefox" instead of a folder "Mozilla Firefox", so after I did an on-line upgrade to V.3.5.2, it installed in a "Mozilla Firefox" folder, which means there are two folders where Firefox is installed.

Now what? Can I just delete or uninstall without losing all preferences?

Thanks for any suggestions

• 2 weeks later...
As I noticed after a new install, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.12 (created with this tool) was installed in a folder named "Firefox" instead of a folder "Mozilla Firefox", so after I did an on-line upgrade to V.3.5.2, it installed in a "Mozilla Firefox" folder, which means there are two folders where Firefox is installed.

Now what? Can I just delete or uninstall without losing all preferences?

Thanks for any suggestions

When you use my tool to install Firefox, it installs into the folder that you choose, you are able to install it anywhere on the system drive. Yes, you can delete the older of the 2 folders, without concern, unless you have installed addos as "global" addons. Until a global addon is updated, it is stored in the installation folder, not the profile folder.

I finally have internet at home again, and I will post an update soon.

Thanks

Update Posted

v0.608 - 09-12-09

-fixed issues with incorrect links and filenames

-removed editing of 2.0.0.x addons

-updated Flash plugin to v.10.0.32.18

-updated Shockwave plugin to v.11.5.1.601

-updated Quicktime plugin to v.7.64.17.73

-updated RealPlayer plugin to v.6.0.12.448

-updated Quicktime Alternative to v.2.9.2

-updated RealPlayer Alternative to v.2.0.0

Sorry for the delay. I have not had time to fully test. If there are problems, I am sure that you will let me know. I will try to fix ASAP.

Thanks

True add-on didn't do the trick again. I'm attaching a small package (screen shot, LastSession.ini from nLite and the Log file from the Firefox Add-on Maker). Is this add-on made to work with nLite? I was looking at the Firefox entries.ini in the .cab file, and it's nothing alike the other add-ons I'm using.

Anyway, this was just another experiment; the switchless installer works superbly for me, and I will stick to it!

Thanks JohnnyBoy

True add-on didn't do the trick again. I'm attaching a small package (screen shot, LastSession.ini from nLite and the Log file from the Firefox Add-on Maker). Is this add-on made to work with nLite? I was looking at the Firefox entries.ini in the .cab file, and it's nothing alike the other add-ons I'm using.

Anyway, this was just another experiment; the switchless installer works superbly for me, and I will stick to it!

Thanks JohnnyBoy

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look at it tonight. I may post another bug-fix before the new version is completed.

Johnny you've made an amazing tool. Respect!

I only have the same issue posted here above. I choose offline creation of the installer (silent installer not an addon).

Everything is OK but Firefox is installed in Program Files\Firefox instead of Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.

I cannot choose the path in your tool...

I extracted the created installer, modified the paths in the .inf file, hoping I found them all.

I tested by uninstalling firefox, removing the folder and all mozilla folders in the appdata of user accounts, then install again via the modified inf. Seems to have worked.

Compressed it and together with Olegs modified 7zSfx (and I also found your config.txt by opening the originally created installer in Notepad), used that to recreate an installer. With Reshacker I stole the icon from the originally created installer and then upx'ed it.

I 'll test this later. So I basically did manually took me half an hour... what your tool can do in just a few seconds :blushing:

Edited by ZileXa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have nearly completed the update. I need some information from anyone that does not have english as their Windows language. When you right click on a exe or file, on the context menu, there is a choice to pin to taskbar. I need to what what the exact string is to pin to the taskbar. On english systems it is "Pin to Taskbar". Note, the string must be exact or it will not work.

The sooner that you can get this to me, the sooner I can incorporate it into the script.

Windows 7 has given me trouble in copying files, reading reg strings, creating shortcuts. I finally have it all worked out. The new version works in all versions of windows (xp and up) and the installer package will install in any version of windows (xp and up) 32-bit or 64-bit, silently. The script will only need to be run as admin if you have your folders\files hidden as the script needs to see hidden folders to copy from the profile and the script can change the reg setting to view hidden files.

The install package does not need UAC to be disabled or to be run as admin. You will, of have to respond to the nag screen.

I still have a few things to cleanup, but I should have it ready in a few days. Sorry, I only have a couple of hours a day to work on this.

***EDIT***

Does this path remain the same?

"Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar"

Edited by Jonnyboy82

• 2 weeks later...

Update Posted

Many changes. It is a work in progress.

v0.701 - 11-14-09

-added Assamese language option

-added Croatian language option

-added Persian language option

-added Vietnamese language option

-added option for W7T addon - needs testing

-added script to create registry key when not present - "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Hidden"

-removed popup during installation

-added option to change installer's compression level

-fixed profile creation

-fixed broken homepage links for all Firefox Versions

v0.70 - 11-12-09

-removed all translated localized files, because of significant changes

-removed Install extensions as Global, Gecko will remove this feature as of v1.9.2.0

-no longer using override.ini to disable the Migration Wizard, editing the application.ini directly

-upgraded tbind.exe to v2009.1.2.618

-removed tete's 3.0.0.x as it is no longer available

-removed "True" Addon option - I created the inf installer before I knew the possibilities of 7zsfx and vbscript

-changed silent installer from a modified inf installer to a 7-zip sfx silent installer to accomodate the use of original installer and a configuration file

-upgraded 7-zip to v4.65

-added multithreading to 7-zip operations

-updated KnownFolderID's to reflect changes made for Vista and Win7

-added the creation of compatibility.ini for disabling the compatibility wizard - does not work when going from x86 to x64 or vice versa

-added timestamping

-no longer using gsar, now using regular expressions in vbscript

-fixed pigfoot's links to get the current version, not the next to current version

-added files that are language specific

-added userChrome.js(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences

-added userChrome.css(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences

-added userContent.css(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences

-added user.js(user overrides) to files watched - included with preferences

-added urlclassifier.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences

-added urlclassifier2.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences

-added urlclassifier3.sqlite(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences

-added urlclassifierkey.txt(Phishing protection) to files watched - included with preferences

-added pluginreg.dat to files watched - included with plugins

-added permissions.sqlite(Permission database for cookies) to files watched - included with cookies

-added persdict.dat(personal disctionary) to files watched - included with preferences

-added cert_override.txt(certificate exceptions) to files watched - included in passwords

-added signons.txt to files watched

-added Proper Italian translation provided by nonno fabio

-fixed overwriting newer modules with older versions

-fixed overwriting newer componentes with older versions

-fixed overwriting the new defaults plugin with an older version

-fixed removing the extensions folder from the vanilla firefox installer

-fixed copies bookmarks.html if places.sqlite exists and deletes bookmarks.html from installer

-fixed copies compreg.dat(automatically regenerated as needed)

-fixed copies search.json(automatically regenerated as needed)

-fixed copies files that create -number files

-only copies the newest version of signons(signons.sqlite, signons3.txt, signons2.txt, signons.txt) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of keys(key3.db, kf.txt) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of cookies(cookies.sqlite, cookies.txt) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of permissions(permissions.sqlite, hostperm.1) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of forms history(formhistory.sqlite, formhistory.dat) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of downloads history(downloads.sqlite, downloads.rdf) available in the profile

-only copies the newest version of search history(search.sqlite, search.rdf) available in the profile

-only copies the history.dat if places.sqlite does not exist in the current profile and has been copied

v0.702 - 11-14-09

-changed widow postitioning script

-fixed error in shortcut creation when not using an installed firefox path

-removed typo in shortcuts

-added Kazakh language option

-added Malayalam language option

-added Oriya language option

-added Romansh language option

-added Spanish(Chile) language option

-added Spanish(Mexico) language option

-added Tamil language option

-added Tamil(Sri Lanka) language option