[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

update posted

Changelog

v0.603 - 04-04-09

-separated Optimized versions to type

-added Sharam's "Blazing Fast" SSE2 Optimized Firefox Versions

-removed Help Popup Windows and placed Help inside table in main page

-added German, Spanish, Norwegian, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch translations - created with freetranslation.com

-tweaked table positions for better uniformity

-added links to all programs used

-increased contextual help

-Added Real Alternative 1.90

-Added Quicktime Alternative 2.8.0

-added additional registry entries to ensure Firefox is registered as "Being" installed

-all text is now localized

-fixed issue where timer is not restarted on subsequent runs

-added script to validate saved paths when loading

-added script to invalidate a New Profile Path that is in a sub-directory of the default location

-added new Localized Firefox builds - Bulgarian, Esparanto, Occitan and Welsh

-merged RealPlayer and Live Connect

-added Adobe Reader 9.1 plugin

I keep getting the following error though sometimes it works fine then other times I always get this.

Please send me the log file.

Thanks

Ok m8 no worries next time I get it I will send it you. Im getting the new version you have released so will be trying that.

Thanks man!

Stoner81.

I think the error i get is due to my antivirus, i disable it while running the app and it seems to work fine. Will be testing this further though just to make sure.

Stoner81.

It probably does not like it when vbscript queries the WMI to see if Firefox is running or not. I'm curious to know, though.

I think the error i get is due to my antivirus, i disable it while running the app and it seems to work fine. Will be testing this further though just to make sure.

Stoner81.

It probably does not like it when vbscript queries the WMI to see if Firefox is running or not. I'm curious to know, though.

No worries m8 when i get the error again i iwll send you the log file.

• 4 weeks later...
Any sign of a new update to this awesome piece of kit?

I have been reading some CSS style guides and will be re-writing the html and css parts of the hta. When I complete that, I'll post an update.

But, I have been testing the script with Win7 and vbscript functions a little differently in Win7 (as it does in Vista). So, the next major update will be a rewrite in C#. I have been doing some reading there, also. But, that will take a little time.

Also, I have been working on a different method for silent installer. When that is completed, I'll add it in. It takes less than 10% of the time to install.

Edited by Jonnyboy82

• 2 weeks later...

I made an nLite addon for Firefox 3.0.10 using the offline mode. It all worked well during the process, and I got a .7z file and nLite made no problems about it. Please see attachment.

The problem appeared when, testing it on VirtualPC with XP Pro SP3, I got an error "the system cannot find the file specified" and Firefox was not installed when Windows booted. Then I checked the SVCPACK folder with the other add-ons and I didn't see Firefox anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have just found that the Firefox archive is in the I386 Folder, and not along with the other add-ons in I386/SVCPACK. Is this normal?

Edit: After 2 days and four VirtualPC installations, I can't get it to work as an nLite add-on. Now trying with the silent installer option.

Edit: Silent installer for Firefox 3.0.10 working perfectly if executed through a batch file! Still not sure what's the problem with the add-on maker (including plug-ins, themes and bookmarks)

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I made an nLite addon for Firefox 3.0.10 using the offline mode. It all worked well during the process, and I got a .7z file and nLite made no problems about it. Please see attachment.

The problem appeared when, testing it on VirtualPC with XP Pro SP3, I got an error "the system cannot find the file specified" and Firefox was not installed when Windows booted. Then I checked the SVCPACK folder with the other add-ons and I didn't see Firefox anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have just found that the Firefox archive is in the I386 Folder, and not along with the other add-ons in I386/SVCPACK. Is this normal?

Edit: After 2 days and four VirtualPC installations, I can't get it to work as an nLite add-on. Now trying with the silent installer option.

Edit: Silent installer for Firefox 3.0.10 working perfectly if executed through a batch file! Still not sure what's the problem with the add-on maker (including plug-ins, themes and bookmarks)

Hmm this is strange could it be an issue doing it via the offline method? I have made the silent installer using downloaded files and that seems to work fine for me. Could it be an issue during the build process?

Stoner81, I made both my experiments with the offline installation method. The nLite add-on didn't work, but the silent installer was OK. So yes, I agree it is more than strange, and I described all the symptoms in my previous post and I attached an image of the process and the procedure I used. I'm hoping on a consult from the tool maker.

Cheers

Stoner81, I made both my experiments with the offline installation method. The nLite add-on didn't work, but the silent installer was OK. So yes, I agree it is more than strange, and I described all the symptoms in my previous post and I attached an image of the process and the procedure I used. I'm hoping on a consult from the tool maker.

Cheers

Best thing to do then would be to redo the true addon like you have already and after it has finished building it attatch the log file for him to look at that way he will have as much info as possible to be able to help you, sorry I cant help more :(

Stoner81.

As proposed by Stoner81, I am attaching the log file of an offline procedure of creating an nLite add-on for Firefox 3.0.10. Hope it helps.

Edit (a month later): Any ideas?

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this great tool.

I'm german and i'm wondering about the german translation.

Sorry, but this german translation is crap.

I will translate it better and send my translatet file to you.

so long