[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I love this addon but have a small feature request.

I'd like to be able to have all addons in the installer it makes, not just those that are enabled. Currently it fails to pick up (I think!) the disabled addons. I'd like to be able to install but not activate some addons.

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe that all extensions are copied into the addon. I would have to look at extensions that are disabled and see if they are being recognized in a new install.

I'd like to be able to have all addons in the installer it makes, not just those that are enabled. Currently it fails to pick up (I think!) the disabled addons. I'd like to be able to install but not activate some addons.

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe that all extensions are copied into the addon. I would have to look at extensions that are disabled and see if they are being recognized in a new install.

I'm pretty sure it only copies installed/active extensions. Ideally I'd like it to copy all and preserve their active/disabled status.

• 3 weeks later...

Update Posted v0.516

v0.516 - 1-19-09

-added reg settings to clean most common registry entries of previoulsy installed Firefox versions prior to installing Firefox and after uninstalling Firefox

-fixed issue with right-click\install of "True" addon not copying firefox.inf to %17%

-added additional Ayakawa Versions

-added French language translation

-began cleaning up logfile

-fixed issue with extensions when there are 2 versions of the same extension on the system, the older version would be installed

-resolved (not fixed) issue with Ayakawa version 3.1b3pre crashing. This version is not compatible with the Vanilla 3.0.5 language files. The language files from Vanilla 3.0.5 are causing the crash.

-fixed issue when downgrading from 3.0.x to 2.0.0.x would cause crash in pigfoot version

-no longer copying unnecessary components

NOTES:

Ayakawa's 3.1* still not working

If set as default, the shortcuts on desktop and quicklaunch will be created automatically

I have not added the Foxit Reader plugin.

That is all that I have time for right now. I hope that I have fixed all of the bugs.

When copying files from your system, it copies all extensions as long as they are one of these places. They are the firefox\extensions folder, the profiles folder and the profiles\extensions folder. The file "extensions.rdf" stores all of the registered and unregistered extensions and there location. If this file is not present when Firefox starts up, it will scan the extensions folder and create a new extensions.rdf file. Currently, Firefox Addon Maker does not copy that file, so it is not present the first time that Firefox is run. Therefore, it creates a new file with every extension being registered.

I will add an option to keep that file in future. Or, if you do not want to wait for another update, you can PM me and I will tell you what to do.

Edited by Jonnyboy82

When copying files from your system, it copies all extensions as long as they are one of these places. They are the firefox\extensions folder, the profiles folder and the profiles\extensions folder. The file "extensions.rdf" stores all of the registered and unregistered extensions and there location. If this file is not present when Firefox starts up, it will scan the extensions folder and create a new extensions.rdf file. Currently, Firefox Addon Maker does not copy that file, so it is not present the first time that Firefox is run. Therefore, it creates a new file with every extension being registered.

I will add an option to keep that file in future. Or, if you do not want to wait for another update, you can PM me and I will tell you what to do.

I can wait (thanks). Its really a great product.. I'm totally a Firefox user now and having a custom installer is just what the doctor ordered. I'd struggle to think of much else you could add to this.. maybe a v1.0 Release should be close?

• 5 weeks later...

I had problems with the first version it just wouldnt play ball for some reason will try the latest one and see what happens im still using the cmd based one you made (which works for me very well!) anyway thanks buddy heres hoping it works for me this time :D

Stoner81.

• 4 weeks later...

update posted

Changelog

v0.60 - 03-20-09

-added plugin for Foxit Reader

-updated plugins: Flash v.10.0.22.87, Shockwave v.11.0.472, WGA v1.9.0009.1, OGA v.1.7.0111.00, QuickTime v.7.60.92.0, RealPlayer v.6.0.12.69 and Live Connect v.6.0.12.69

-added status bar

-re-written to all text localizeable

-aaded off-line mode to allow for building installer from your current installation

-added script to attempt to locate your current installation folders

-removed all tooltips and replaced with "?" help screens

-fixed issues wuth 3.1.x Optimized versions

-fixed issue with 3.1.x versions branding not being removed

Firefox Addon Maker v0.60

firefox.pngUpdated 20 Mar 09

Firefox Addon Maker v0.60

tabdownload.png

MD5: 825E70A770FDA3AACF3C972C7CF24CEA

SIZE: 4.04 MB

Jonnyboy,

Maybe I'm just a confused N00b, but... Your download link goes to Wincert.net and that page says it's your Firefox Addon Maker v0.601. BUT that link points to v0.101 AND it has a different MD5

The link is http://www.hr-host.com/wincert/Jonnyboy/Jo...ools_v0.101.exe

Pls point me in the right direction. Thanks. :)

I do not update this page with every update. I link to my main pain. That page is always current. I am in the process of consolidating my tools in one app. Jonnyboy's Tools. The links you point out are all correct and will download the appropriate file. Wincert has been kind enough to host my files, so I link to the page, not the file.

Edited by Jonnyboy82

Thanks for the new update dude heres hoping i have better luck with it.

EDIT - Have downloaded it and tried.... IT WORKS AT LAST!!!! thanks a million jonnyboy82 dude!!! you are da man!

Stoner81.

Edited by Stoner81

Big time FAIL for me... previous versions worked well (but didnt store status of addons).... this one manages to stop ALL addons from working and I cannot access the options on the addons even though they are allegedly working.

Having given up on the idea of having some addons installed but not loaded I am now just looking for an older working version of this.

I'm not ungrateful, really.

BTW, is there any way to improve the install speed? It takes about 5 mins for FF silent install to install whereas if I did it manually I could do all config and install in around 2.... Is there some strange way it installs? (C2D @ 3.2ghz)

EDIT: Rebuilt it again, as far as I can tell exactly the same (well the addons and source install were identical) and it worked fine.... whatever!??!

Edited by Methanoid

Big time FAIL for me... previous versions worked well (but didnt store status of addons).... this one manages to stop ALL addons from working and I cannot access the options on the addons even though they are allegedly working.
Removed in v0.602
BTW, is there any way to improve the install speed? It takes about 5 mins for FF silent install to install whereas if I did it manually I could do all config and install in around 2.... Is there some strange way it installs? (C2D @ 3.2ghz)
The installation actually creates the profile. The larger it is, the longer it takes. A normal installation does not create the profile until first run.