KDW / FCWIN2K

blackwingcat,

I'm using Vmware 8.0.2

When i install kdw's shfolder.dll, vmware tools not work properly and shows error:

Vmware Tools Error:

Vmware Tool Unrecoverable error: (vthread-3)

Exception 0x0000005 (access violation) has occured.

C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Ustawienia lokalne\Temp\vmware-vpcm\vmtools-1028.dmp

When I replaced shfolder to ver. 2000/XP/2003 vmware tools works ok.

Edited by piotrhn

Please try VMWare player which include VMWare 8.x

If you run VMWare player , Is there same problem ?

Thx.

blackwingcat,

I'm using Vmware 8.0.2

When i install kdw's shfolder.dll, vmware tools not work properly and shows error:

Vmware Tools Error:

Vmware Tool Unrecoverable error: (vthread-3)

Exception 0x0000005 (access violation) has occured.

C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Ustawienia lokalne\Temp\vmware-vpcm\vmtools-1028.dmp

When I replaced shfolder to ver. 2000/XP/2003 vmware tools works ok.

I replaced to ver 6.0.3790.3959 and:

Vmware 8 --> works fine

Vmware Player --> Vmware error

kdw's erors on: Vmware Player 8 & Vm Workstation 8

Original ver 6.0.2800. --> works ok

Edited by piotrhn

Did you check SHFolderExReg with KDLLinst ?

What version do you use the VMWare Tool?

I use 8.8.1 build-528969

I replaced to ver 6.0.3790.3959 and:

Vmware 8 --> works fine

Vmware Player --> Vmware error

kdw's erors on: Vmware Player 8 & Vm Workstation 8

Original ver 6.0.2800. --> works ok

Followup article

Did you ezinstall ? do you check Ez KD Reg ? you must ez install to same folder as flashplayerinstaller.exe.

After install, you also set ez install kernel32 to %systemroot%\system32\Macromed\Flash

I fixed it.

To install Adobe Flash 11.1.102.62, I get the SetDllDirectoryW not being found in KERNEL32.DLL. How can I patch the latest Flash Player files to make it work?

I tried that and it was no help. I'm currently trying to get Flash Player to work with KernelEx 13a2 and the Flash Player installer even failed to initialise properly returning the error code 0xc0000005. :(

Did you ever find the proper way to install 11.1.102.62 (now 11.1.102.63 released) with KDW ?

EDIT: Ok... I have Flash Player 11.1.102.63 installed on W2KSP4 using BWC KDW .96k EZinstall

The method I used is as follows:

Create a Temp folder and place the "install_flash_player_32bit.exe" and/or "install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe" in there (I will probably leave it around as I am thinking when updates come out I can just drop the new install files in there and run the update.)

Run kdllinst from the KDW package. Choose your Temp folder as the EZINstall folder, choose kernal32 from the main installer, and check EZ KD registry from the right hand side.

REBOOT the machine.

Go into the Temp folder and install the update(s).

I believe the SetDllDirectoryW call is only an issue for the installer to run. (Someone can correct me if this is not the case).

Hope this helps anyone who is having this same problem.

EDIT2...

And of course if you have something installed that protects registry changes like spybot or webroot then you will have to allow the changes or disable before doing the EZinstall to allow the EZ KD registry patch to complete.

@blackwingcat.. what exactly is checking the EZ KD registry option doing? Creating a registry entry that programs run from the installed folder will use the updated dlls from the EZInstall folder? Or creating a registry entry that ANY programs that are run from ANYWHERE will use the updated dlls from the EZInstall folder? Is it safe to leave the files in the temp folder, is it safe to delete the temp folder.. or should kdllinst be used in "Uninstall" mode before deleting the folder.

Is there a comprehensive posting somewhere that explains the options in kdllinst and/or a general guide for someone new to using it?

And mostly thank you for creating and sharing this.

Edited by Yffffonz

"FlashUtil11*_plugin.exe" and "FlashUtil11*_activex.exe" also have the SetDllDirectoryW dependency. Thanks for the suggestion, but it will not work without the wrapper.

blackwingcat, one last question. If you re-run the EzInstall with all the same options as the first install but check "uninstall mode" will that reverse the registry changes and remove the files from the EZInstall folder? I guess I am asking what is the correct procedure for using the "uninstall mode" option.

Thanks again. and thanks for the post about the English v13i update.

Uninstall mode effects to system install mode.

Because you can easyly delete kdw files on Ez install mode.

"FlashUtil11*_plugin.exe" and "FlashUtil11*_activex.exe" also have the SetDllDirectoryW dependency. Thanks for the suggestion, but it will not work without the wrapper.

blackwingcat, one last question. If you re-run the EzInstall with all the same options as the first install but check "uninstall mode" will that reverse the registry changes and remove the files from the EZInstall folder? I guess I am asking what is the correct procedure for using the "uninstall mode" option.

Thanks again. and thanks for the post about the English v13i update.

Hi.

Is there anyone who ever tried Kapsersky Internet Security 2012 with KDW?

I am wondering if Kaspersky's product can be run smooth on Win2K which has been dropped from their suppor list....