KDW / FCWIN2K

I tried OpenDNS with no success. I still get DNS errors. Seems like my computer knows the site is online, it even found an IP, but it's like it rejects it's attempt to reach me. Temporarily disabling the firewall didn't work either. So I have no idea. (I have dialup internet).

Did you Install Dealio Toolbar etc together ?

I think it is not supported windows 2000.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1547398.html

I Installed K-Lite codec pack.

I recently downloaded http://download.cnet.com/AVI-Codec-Pack-Pro/3000-2140_4-10509745.html?tag=mncol;3 for my Win2k machine and so far so bad.

WMP 10 attempts to play an AVI video, but then the screen goes glitchy and eventually goes blank, with nothing happening.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi.

Next

Perhaps I think that you couldn't understand how to set XP Compatible mode.

Next you must register XP compatible mode with fcwin. "K-Lite_Codec_Pack_XXX_Full.tmp".

Then you can install it to Windows 2000.

I just uninstalled the program so I'm back to where I was left off. Now I need to figure out how to install that K-Lite codec pack. I read your blog but I couldn't understand it very well, as well as the compatibility mode, when I have installed KernelEx on this machine.

• 4 weeks later...

URGENT!! Can anyone explain to me, the step's required to install Window's Movie Maker 2.6, on Window's 2000? I need EVERY step, from installing dll's, to making the program work. This is VERY urgent, and i need to find out how i can pull this off. Anyone?!?!?!?!!

HELLO, ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by AlleyOop987

Hi.

MovieMaker 1.x works on Windows 2000 fine.

You can works 2.x but is is unperfect and it'll occurs some problem on Windows 2000.

URGENT!! Can anyone explain to me, the step's required to install Window's Movie Maker 2.6, on Window's 2000? I need EVERY step, from installing dll's, to making the program work. This is VERY urgent, and i need to find out how i can pull this off. Anyone?!?!?!?!!

HELLO, ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Blackwingcat,

So when i install Movie Maker 2.6, it install's just fine, but when i start the program, i always get some sort of error (like mscvrt.dll cannot be found. :no: ) What am i doing wrong? Can someone explain to me, what settings do i need to use, to make the program actually run? (It doesn't matter if some thing's don't work, i just want the app to actually open.)

I don't use Windows 2000 now, but when I did I used KDW to install Movie Maker 2.6 and it worked fine, apart from some of the icons not displaying properly, which was never resolved.

If you search this thread you'll find my posts about it.

I didn't get any error messages on running it though.

If it's complaining about not being able to find certain files, search to see if those files are actually on your system.

For some reason you may really be missing some files that Movie Maker 2 needs.

If the file it's asking for is on the system (probably in the system32 folder), try copying (not moving) the file into the Movie Maker folder.

This may enable it to find and use it when it couldn't before.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi blackwingcat

Thanks for the nice tool.

Could you please teach me how to make "EZ Mode" work for application that requires few missing (RtlGetLastWin32Error etc) functions in ntdll ?

I tried many times with the instructions from first pages and also tried every combination except "Full Mode". But its still not works.

The procedure entry point RtlGetLastWin32Error could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

Please help me.

Best Regards

FWA

Edited by pcclp2004

Hi.

Try to use Dynamic Link mode.

At first run the fcwin.

force link to 2kdll the target file(exe or dll) which link to RtlGetLastWin32Error.

press rewrite.

and copy 2kdll to target directory.

try to run the application.

If you wouldn't run the application. tell me the application name.

Hi blackwingcat

Could you please teach me how to make "EZ Mode" work for application that requires few missing (RtlGetLastWin32Error etc) functions in ntdll ?

I tried many times with the instructions from first pages and also tried every combination except "Full Mode". But its still not works.

The procedure entry point RtlGetLastWin32Error could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

Please help me.

Best Regards

FWA

Hi.

Try to use Dynamic Link mode.

At first run the fcwin.

force link to 2kdll the target file(exe or dll) which link to RtlGetLastWin32Error.

press rewrite.

and copy 2kdll to target directory. (KDllinst can also have copy the target dir .)

try to run the application.

If you wouldn't run the application. tell me the application name.

Hi blackwingcat

Please help me.

Best Regards

FWA