KDW / FCWIN2K

Hi, piotrhn

What application do you want to run on Windows 2000 ?

I may be check that there are any potential to work it on Windows, with analyze it .

Hi, blackwingcat

All selected API functions are available on Windows Server 2003 SP2 ver.: 5.2.3790.xxxx and Windows XP SP3 ver.: 5.1.2600.xxxx (not all in XP).

advapi32.dll doesn't work on Windows 2000 Polish version.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to get a file manager named "MultiCommander" to work on W2k. I (think) I installed KDW correctly, but I only get "not a win32 file" message when I try to run it.. MultiCommander installs just as it is without any problems.

I was trying to get a file manager named "MultiCommander" to work on W2k. I (think) I installed KDW correctly, but I only get "not a win32 file" message when I try to run it.. MultiCommander installs just as it is without any problems.

MultiCommander is compiled for Win5.1 and it won't run even if you change subsystem version using editbin.exe. After changing version to 5.0 it gives following error message:

The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll.

fcwin(KDW) can change executable file's os subsystem version.

*check exacutable in exe setting and press rewrite.

You can also run it with v2 Kernel. :)

and you can download Debugging Tools for Windows (x86) which includes current version dbghelp.dll.

MultiCommander is compiled for Win5.1 and it won't run even if you change subsystem version using editbin.exe. After changing version to 5.0 it gives following error message:

The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering what this program actually does to Windows 2000, as after I used the programs along with your KernelEx for Windows 2000 (versions 5 and 2), I got BSoD'd and it would always loop, but after removing KernelEx, everything worked perfectly like before I installed all of the dll's, however I'm not sure if I'm using this specific program correctly. I installed all of the dll's that were included in that file I downloaded. Is that what I did wrong? What is the difference between KEx and KDW?

I'm trying to install Steam.

Edited by NothingMuchHereToSay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

KDW has 3 install mode.

* System install ... it is wrapper mode. It effects to all applications and dangerous.

* EzInstall mode ... You must set Ez KD Reg and it effects to folder only it's safety.

* Force Link mode (Dynamic mode) ... you must rewrite execute file and dll with fcwin. It changed DLL's link to *xp.dll

KernelEx based oridinal kernel32.dll. and add several function and you can run application without Win32 application error .

But you can't install the kernelEx to different language system .(KDW is okay.)

Both KDW and kernelex you must install recent Windows Update.

I'm wondering what this program actually does to Windows 2000, as after I used the programs along with your KernelEx for Windows 2000 (versions 5 and 2), I got BSoD'd and it would always loop, but after removing KernelEx, everything worked perfectly like before I installed all of the dll's, however I'm not sure if I'm using this specific program correctly. I installed all of the dll's that were included in that file I downloaded. Is that what I did wrong? What is the difference between KEx and KDW?

I'm trying to install Steam.

It installed fully! But visualizers don't work for some reason, did they work on your part?

"wmplayer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

It plays music perfectly, now if only we had those colorful visualizers there. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your hard work!

I released KDW 0.96 and WMP10 Build 4068c.

Is there any Trouble? :)

It installed fully! But visualizers don't work for some reason, did they work on your part?

"wmplayer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

It plays music perfectly, now if only we had those colorful visualizers there. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your hard work!

I can't seem to access the server that hosts KDW anymore. Seems like since April or May, I always get a page cannot be found and when I ask others for me, either they have a bad gateway error or similar. How can I download the future updates without having to use some fancy type of downloader?

That's strange. I tried it in IE8 and this is what it says.

The webpage "w2k.flxsrv.org" cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.

I can't even ping it. D: