KDW / FCWIN2K

Thx dencorso.

I think it was blocked with security software or you use personal proxy.

I can download it with firefox and IE6SP1.

I guess he means he wasn't able to download it neither with Internet Explorer 6.0 nor with Mozilla FIrefox 3.6.13 (but, of course, that's just my guess). HTH :)

Hi, rodrigokleinmc

Did you download it with input address directly ?

Please download it only click with the link.

quote name='rodrigokleinmc' timestamp='1293824474' post='951422']

I'm sorry, I don't speak English very well. I used the firefox and the ie6 to try to catch the file and he/she appeared the same message.

• 1 month later...

Hi blackwingcat,

I'm having problems with installing your Windows Media Player 10 for Win2k installation. I had it installed once before but I'm not sure what I did. I tried following the instructions on the first page of this thread. I launched the installer and it said it required msvcrt.dll upgrade and it wanted me to reboot, okay. I got that far. I then used kdllinst and checked kernel32.dll, user32.dll, shell32.dll, advapi32.dll, and uxtheme.dll. I made sure SHFolderEXREG was checked and clicked Start Setup. It told me the files were replaced and I needed to reboot, so I did. However, I got stuck in an endless loop because of a blue screen and I couldn't get back into Windows after that. What did I do wrong? I'd like to use WMP10 but I don't want to mess my system up trying it again unless I know what I'm doing.

Okay, I know I'm double posting but after working at it non-stop, I finally figured out how to install Windows Media Player 10 on Windows 2000 using blackwingcat's installer and without having to replace any system files. Hopefully it'll work out for anyone who has trouble with it like I have. Some of my steps might be redundant, but do them anyway to ensure a successful install.

How to install blackwingcat's Windows Media Player 10 on Windows 2000 w/o replacing system files

1. Download the installation package from bwc's blog (found on the frontpage of this thread).

2. Download the API wrapper (of course).

3. Make sure Windows Media Player 9 is already installed on your system.

4. Run kdllinst.exe.

5. Select kernel32.dll, user32.dll, advapi32.dll, shell32.dll, uxtheme.dll, and maybe ws2_32.dll. I can't remember offhand if you needed the last file or not.

6. Set EZinstall location to x:\Program Files\Windows Media Player (x:\ is the drive Windows is installed on).

7. Not sure if this made a difference or not but make sure EZ KD Registry, SHFolderEXReg, Version Dsp, and not make .local are checked.

8. Click on the Ez Install button.

9. Start the mp10en2k4065.exe installer (or whichever version you might have).

10. Say yes to the mscrvt.dll upgrade and reboot the computer.

11. Now for what I did differently. Grab winzip from www.winzip.com (WinACE/WinRAR *might* work)

12. Instead of launching the file this time, right click on the file and select Open with WinZIP.

13. Extract the files to a folder on the desktop i.e. wm10.

14. Repeat steps 4-8 except this time set the EZInstall location to the folder on the desktop that contains all the Windows Media Player 10 install files. Click on Ez Install to install the files in the folder.

15. Open the wm10 folder on the desktop.

16. Locate and double-click the mp10PR2k.exe file to start the setup. (Do NOT NOT NOT click on setup_wm.exe, you'll only get error messages).

17. The installer should start and continue without any problems. I had a uxtheme.dll error once but setup still continued without any problems.

18. Open WMP10 and if you had a music database, it should upgrade it to WMP10.

19. You're done, (maybe). XD

This is what worked for me. Some of my steps might have been redundant but it's what worked. Experiment and see what's needed and what's not. This method is a lot safer as you don't need to replace any system files at all. I've also got the Windows 2000 v5 kernel32.dll upgrade installed on my system. More than likely it's not needed but I haven't tested this method without it.

So to anyone who has had problems installing this, hope this helps and good luck!

I'm also working on installing Windows Media Player 11 on Windows 2000 and I've modified the installer however when the install begins, it keeps telling me that WMP11 is already installed and there's no update for my system so I'm looking for a way around that.

Edited by SearanoX

Hi, SearanoX.

WMP 10 for Windows 2000 doesn't require kdllinst for system install.

because It automatically installs KDW Files, it perhaps occured any collision these dlls.

I think you didn't have better to use KDW system install.

Please check Your system's DLLes are newest one.

If BSoD occured, you can recover on console mode copying target fies from dllcache folder.

Hi blackwingcat,

I'm having problems with installing your Windows Media Player 10 for Win2k installation. I had it installed once before but I'm not sure what I did. I tried following the instructions on the first page of this thread. I launched the installer and it said it required msvcrt.dll upgrade and it wanted me to reboot, okay. I got that far. I then used kdllinst and checked kernel32.dll, user32.dll, shell32.dll, advapi32.dll, and uxtheme.dll. I made sure SHFolderEXREG was checked and clicked Start Setup. It told me the files were replaced and I needed to reboot, so I did. However, I got stuck in an endless loop because of a blue screen and I couldn't get back into Windows after that. What did I do wrong? I'd like to use WMP10 but I don't want to mess my system up trying it again unless I know what I'm doing.

Your installer is too old.

Last version is Build 4068a.

Sincerely.

9. Start the mp10en2k4065.exe installer (or whichever version you might have).

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 weeks later...

My Windows is in Portuguese of the brasil, then I don't find a lot of advantage in installing a program in English, when the same program is available in Portuguese.

I would like that helped me to install:

- Windows Media Player 10

- Windows Live Messenger 8.1

- Internet Explorer 7

It would be very legal if somebody there can me to help... I will be very thankful.

At once thank you very much for the attention.

Hugs to all.

(Sorry for don't speak English very well, I'm using translator)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, rodrigokleinmc

You can download Portuguese WMP10 from here.

I think that you don't had better install Live messenger 8.1, because many limitation on Windows 2000.

You may install MSN Messenger 7.0 or 7.5 / Windows Messenger 5.1.

IE 7 has many components which are different from Windows 2000.

It is difficult to migrate for Windows 2000.

but you can impersonate browser IE7 with Useragent switcher or fcwin(KDW)

My Windows is in Portuguese of the brasil, then I don't find a lot of advantage in installing a program in English, when the same program is available in Portuguese.

I would like that helped me to install:

- Windows Media Player 10

- Windows Live Messenger 8.1

- Internet Explorer 7

It would be very legal if somebody there can me to help... I will be very thankful.

At once thank you very much for the attention.

Hugs to all.

(Sorry for don't speak English very well, I'm using translator)

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 months later...

Hi, Usher.

It only means KDW's minimum requirement .

You can use last version Dll.

The latest KDW 0.93 needs to be updated at least for two files:

- RPCRT4.dll is 5.0.2195.7090, should be 5.0.2195.7281. See MS09-026 (KB970238)

- SHLWAPI.dll is 6.0.2800.1923, should be 6.0.2800.2006. See Cumulative security update for IE6sp1, MS10-035 (KB982381)

Thanks for explanations. By now I have positively tested KDW 0.93 wrappers for:

- 2k.dll/ntdll.dll

- user32.dll

- ws_32.dll

- wtsapi32.dll

- ole32.dll

- esent.dll

- crypt.dll

Wrapper for kernel32.dll seems to be incompatible with fully patched Novell Client for Netware v.4.90 SP2 (NWClient). During startup instead of showing logon screen it goes BSoD with an error message

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

I have found MS KB156669:

This typically occurs because of a faulty third-party Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) DLL.
It seems to be right, because NWClient replaces MSGINA with NWGINA.

I have tested previous versions of kernel32.dll wrappers and the last good version is 5.1.2599.64 from KDW 0.92c

There is another problem with KDW and Windows Update (WU). WU detects dlls changed by KDW and wants to install Update Rollup 1 for Windows 200 SP4 (KB891861). For users safety it would be better if KDW dlls fooled WU about version numbers - just in case when some antimalware programs turn on automatic updates.

Did you do KDW System Install ?

I don't recommended it.

Why don't you use EzInstall or Dynamic Link Mode ?

Kernel 5.1.2599.66 supported MS11-025.

But there may be some othere problem.

I made unsupport version one.

Thanks for explanations. By now I have positively tested KDW 0.93 wrappers for:

- 2k.dll/ntdll.dll

- user32.dll

- ws_32.dll

- wtsapi32.dll

- ole32.dll

- esent.dll

- crypt.dll

Wrapper for kernel32.dll seems to be incompatible with fully patched Novell Client for Netware v.4.90 SP2 (NWClient). During startup instead of showing logon screen it goes BSoD with an error message

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

I have found MS KB156669:

This typically occurs because of a faulty third-party Graphical Identification and Authentication (GINA) DLL.
It seems to be right, because NWClient replaces MSGINA with NWGINA.

I have tested previous versions of kernel32.dll wrappers and the last good version is 5.1.2599.64 from KDW 0.92c

There is another problem with KDW and Windows Update (WU). WU detects dlls changed by KDW and wants to install Update Rollup 1 for Windows 200 SP4 (KB891861). For users safety it would be better if KDW dlls fooled WU about version numbers - just in case when some antimalware programs turn on automatic updates.

• 1 month later...

Can you add a some of following functions to KDW:

2kdll.dll:

EtwControlTraceA/W

EtwNotificationRegistrationW

EtwpGetTraceBuffer

EtwpSetHWConfigFunction

RtlInitAnsiStringEx

EtwTraceEvent

EtwStartTraceA/W

EtwQueryTraceA/W

NtLockProductActivationKeys

RtlApplicationVerifierStop

RtlCheckProcessParameters

RtlpEnsureBufferSize

RtlGetNativeSystemInformation

RtlGetSetBootStatusData

RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb

RtlIsThreadWithinLoaderCallout

RtlSetThreadIsCritical

RtlSetProcessIsCritical

_wcstoui64

_vscwprintf

_aulldvrm

advapi32.dll:

CredProfileLoaded

GetLocalManagedApplicationData

SaferiIsExecutableFileType

gdi32.dll:

ClearBitmapAttributes

GdiGetBitmapBitsSize

kernel32.dll:

BaseCheckAppcompatCache

BaseDumpAppcompatCache

BaseFlushAppcompatCache

BaseUpdateAppcompatCache

BaseIsAppcompatInfrastructureDisabled

FlsAlloc

FlsFree

FlsGet/SetValue

IsTimeZoneRedirectionEnabled

IsValidUILanguage

NeedCurrentDirectoryForExePathA/W

SetEnvironmentStringsA/W

Wow64 Disable/Enable/Revert Wow64FsRedirection

rpcrt4.dll:

I_RpcBindingInqLocalClientPID

I_RpcSNCHOption

user32.dll:

BuildReasonArray

DestroyReasons

RecordShutdownReason

ReasonCodeNeedsBugID

ReasonCodeNeedsComment

IsSETEnabled

winsta.dll:

WinStationRegisterConsoleNotification

WinStationUnRegisterConsoleNotification

Edited by piotrhn

Hi, piotrhn.

It seems there are almost Windows NT 6.x API.

I think there are too many lack functions, almost not to work, if I embedded these functions.

Can you add a some of following functions to KDW:

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi, blackwingcat

All selected API functions are available on Windows Server 2003 SP2 ver.: 5.2.3790.xxxx and Windows XP SP3 ver.: 5.1.2600.xxxx (not all in XP).

advapi32.dll doesn't work on Windows 2000 Polish version.

Edited by piotrhn