KDW / FCWIN2K

get SUPER © it still even supports Win98SE!

thanks for that suggestion, that was going to be the next thing I tried. I just happened to have older versions of Dr DivX and DivX Bundle installed and figured it would just be easier to

update the programs I had used before "back in the day".

I will start on my Japanese Rosetta Stone DVD asap.. ;)

I recommend you at first try to install DivX 6.8.

It works on Windows 2000.

hello blackwingcat or tomasz86 (or anyone else that may know ;) )

I was reading on blog.livedoor.jp about trying to install DivX 7 on Win2k and was having a hard time understanding the procedure.

Would it be possible for someone to point me in the right direction for updating my Divx 5 up to 7? I found Dr Divx 2 OSS for attempting to

do some mp4 to avi video conversion, but it will not work with my old Divx 5 install.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks tomasz86:

the one i initially tried was at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/divx_play.cfm

i only know that when updating the Dr. Divx it stated that I would have to update my divx codec to 6 or above. I tried running it with the 5.2.1 that i have installed from a while back and it popped up with a "not compatible with the divx version installed"

I am not especially tied to the 7.2.2 version, but it is freeware and was one of the first that i found that looked promising. The installer for 7+ gives an error about not compatible with 95/98/ME/NT/2K or something like that.

Thanks for the help. I think that blackwingcat has figured out how to get it to install and also corrected some issue with getting the divx player to work as well (i am not so interested in the player) but I just cannot follow along with the translation from his blog.

This will be +2 for you, the first being the post on the dropbox forum for getting the context menu to work (for which I can't thank you enough). ;)

Edited by Yffffonz

I recommend you at first try to install DivX 6.8.

It works on Windows 2000.

hello blackwingcat or tomasz86 (or anyone else that may know ;) )

I was reading on blog.livedoor.jp about trying to install DivX 7 on Win2k and was having a hard time understanding the procedure.

Would it be possible for someone to point me in the right direction for updating my Divx 5 up to 7? I found Dr Divx 2 OSS for attempting to

do some mp4 to avi video conversion, but it will not work with my old Divx 5 install.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

oh thanks bwc.. i didn't see this reply before I posted to tomasz86. I will try to find the 6.8 and install it. tomasz86, if you want to hold off until i post back that is ok, unless you are also interested in seeing if the divx 7+ installer can work on 2K

ok.. so I finally decided to use super to try the conversion on a thinkpad with xpsp3. it worked out ok... but watch out for super as it has an opencandy installer that runs when you start the super installer and it installed some adware stuff.. just be mindful if you go with super. I think it will also install on win2k, but I thought that the win2k machine didn't have the resources that the thinkpad t61 had.. and what with doing encoding i went with the laptop.

I am still interested in the divx install as dr divx will not work on the win2k machine without an update... so I will d/l 6.8 and try that install as bwc suggested. I'll post back with results, but i figure it will work as bwc stated. only question is if dr. divx will be ok with the 6.8...

tomasz.. did try 6.8 as I went the way of using SUPER and it did not need anything else installed. bwc says that 6.8 should install fine on win2k. when i get around to testing that i will post my results.

Thanks again guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi blackwingcat,

Do you know if vista games for xp package that include Vista.Emulation.dll can work with the help of KDW / FCWIN2K on windows 2000 ?

in case it were possible can you explain me how to proceed?

thanks in advance

hackeronte

P.S.

I know this is out of topic but... how about italian kernel version 15x :) ?

best regards and whishes

Edited by Hackeronte

• 3 weeks later...

Does an introduction text to KDW and KernelEx exist, and where? In a Western European language. Like:

- What they do, in their various modes of operation

- How they combine with an other, what the alternatives are

- How they combine with UURollup, uSp5...

- If they allow Xp drivers, possibly Ahci drivers, and if yes, how to integrate them in the W2k installation disk

Thanks!

KDW package includes text guide.

And English Support Page Here

http://oldcigaret.info/win2k/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292

we can use Intel Raid Storage Driver 8.9 with Kernel Core. :)

Does an introduction text to KDW and KernelEx exist, and where? In a Western European language. Like:

- What they do, in their various modes of operation

- How they combine with an other, what the alternatives are

- How they combine with UURollup, uSp5...

- If they allow Xp drivers, possibly Ahci drivers, and if yes, how to integrate them in the W2k installation disk

Thanks!

I created Firefox 13 installer for Windows 2000.

Article http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1677142.html (Japanese)

Installer http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/360097.html (English/Japanese)

It is based on Chrome Installer.

what about an FF 14.0.1 installer or FF 15.0b1 installer for Win2000?

Opera 12.50 snapshot build 1513 no longer support Win2000.

that means Opera 12.50 will require minimum WinXP.

btw, newest version of Mark Russinovich’s "NotMyFault" program allows changing BSOD background color & text color.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2011/01/11/3379158.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2010/12/14/3374820.aspx

the recent versions of NotMyFault don't run under Win2000; only XP and above.

what about an FF 14.0.1 installer or FF 15.0b1 installer for Win2000?

You can use BlackWingCat's installer for newer versions of Firefox too, or use an alternative method: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2482475.

Opera 12.50 snapshot build 1513 no longer support Win2000.

that means Opera 12.50 will require minimum WinXP.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is realplayer 14 install process.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1288548.html

But I think you had better use Realplayer Mini Beta. :)

thanks. though Realplayer SP 1.1, 14 and 15 can't play FLV based video files with KDW - FCWin2k on Win2000 as I've just tested them myself (clicking the play button to play FLV files does nothing).

last version of Realplayer that can play FLV files properly on Win2000 with KDW - FCWin2k is Realplayer SP 1.0.5.

Realplayer mini beta was okay but when I play MP3 audio files in RP mini beta, some sounds are unusually louder and some sounds are softer.

so I went back to using Realplayer SP 1.0.5.

btw, when I run any version of KDW (kdllinst.exe) on Win2000 and I have the Win2000 KB973507 ATL.DLL security update installed, message near the bottom of the KDW program says "Warning: ATL.DLL file is an ANSI version". looks like Microsoft packaged an ANSI version of the ATL.DLL file in the Win2000 KB973507 update, rather than putting a "Unicode" version of the updated ATL.DLL file. not much of a big deal though.

Edited by erpdude8